Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 2155 not running well Help

View my Photos
jslagell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-06-20          183973

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I appreciate you taking the time to read my post. I have a Cub Cadet 2155 with a 15 HP Kohler engine. I have about 600 hrs on the tractor and it has been as dependable as they come until recently. It began by occasionally faltering while in use seemingly starving for fuel. If I idled it for a while or gave it a rest it would be OK. Sometimes it would start hard and backfire and barely run right off the bat. Recently it has gotten more frequent and now I am having trouble getting it to run right at all. It will run wide open with the choke on slightly. The slower it runs the more choke it requires but won't hardly idle at all. I felt certain it was a fuel delivery problem so I checked the fuel filter and sure enough it had a lot of junk in it. I replaced the filter and flushed the line and tank. No change. I took off the carb and soaked it in carb cleaner and cleaned it thoroughly - twice. I thought I saw fine black stuff in the bowl that could be deteriorating fuel line so I replaced all the rubber fuel line. No change. I can't check fuel pressure but when I crank the engine it pumps out the line so I assume the fuel pump is OK. Just for good measure I replaced the spark plug and air filters too. When I look at the clear fuel filter it doesn't seem to have much fuel in it while running. In fact I can only see a trickle running through it. Do I have a bad fuel pump? I took it apart and all seems well to the eye and when I pump it by hand it sounds like it is working but I don't know what else to try. Any chance it is electrical?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Joe

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-06-21          183977

We had problems with plastic tanks and the residue from the inlet in the tank that could be partially blocking the fuel outlet.

On a second note it is a fuel issue and even with the carb being apart the second time it still could be rust from the ethanol!!! Thank you US government, building time wasting jobs everyday that aren't needed!

View my Photos
jslagell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-06-21          183986

Thank you for your response Art. I checked the tank outlet and that appears to be clear. I also hooked the tank directly to the carb with a new 8" piece of fuel line so that it would gravity feed bypassing the fuel pump. Same result. Has to be the carb. I took it off and will soak it again overnight. There are no signs of rust or corrosion but I know that all it takes is one tiny piece of dirt...

Art - Do you sell a carb for that mower? How much? ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login