Go Bottom

Cub Cadet Parts Pricing For 7265

View my Photos
GRIZZLYJO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-09-16          187988

Hi all, I just wanted to comment on the price my local Cub dealer gave me. I lost one of the pins that I remove to adjust my roll bar down when needed. I figured I would just drive down to the dealer and pick up a new pin for my tractor. Boy was I shocked to find out they wanted $83.00 for this stinking little pin. The parts man acted like it was nothing and I was just going to purchase the pin... Needless to say I didn't purchase the pin. I could have got a hardened bolt from the hardware store that would work for a few bucks. The parts guy said that was why Cub parted ways with Mitsubishi. I was mad as I drove home lucky my wife found the pin the next day. I have had good luck with this tractor but darn, what if something major broke? Thanks for listening to my rant. I appreciate an ear to lean on lol. GRIZZYJO

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-09-18          187993

From time to time people want to know why I know what I do of other makes. Many makes just like your Cadet are made by a different company. What happens when there relationship ends is a travesty to the owners! We were told once that we only had 90 days to get what we wanted for parts! Fortunately for our government, (one time I can't curse them) we still get them! This is not uncommon as every time someone touches a part, the price goes up! Part of your price problem is that is a safety item and the other is it really is a cadet part that is not going to be made by the thousands but if lucky by the hundreds although my better instincts tell me it might just be double digit production per year further raising the costs! ....

View my Photos
GRIZZLYJO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-09-20          188004

Art, thanks for the reply and the insight into the over priced roll bar pin. I just hope others are not caught in a similar situation with something more pricey.

I now have 700 hrs. on this tractor and have worked her plenty hard at times. All fluids have been changed on time and I have had next to no problems with her. I just hope other parts (any insight would be appreciated) for this tractor don't put me in this situation again. If so I may consider going green in around a 30 HP model. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login