Go Bottom

Network Opinion News

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-14          104202

This article kind of sums up alot of the frustration I have with network news.

Link:   The Tennessean

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Network Opinion News

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-14          104208

Good article.

I have come to the point that if a network news anchor says it is friday I will go to the calender and check.

Even when they report they got caught lying, I figure they must be lying about that too.... ....

Network Opinion News

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-01-14          104240

Thank you for that link.

I've also stopped watching the coverage from Iraq. The media is doing exactly what the "insurgents" want them to do. Ignore the good and highlight the bad because sensationalism sells. Good deeds in Iraq won't sell to the public who likes to see carnage. Also helps them avoid being labled pro-government tools.

Sad... ....

Network Opinion News

View my Photos
grinder

2005-01-15          104254

Does that apply to Armstrong Williams as well? ....

Network Opinion News

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-01-16          104315

Grinder:

Armstrong Williams, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Allan Combs, etc. are all political and social COMMENTATORS. They are not news journalists. They offer their opinions as just that, their opinions.

ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and FOX news are supposed to be journalistic and show unbiased information. They are not. They are politically aligned support groups spinning the information to gain ratings, support their own agendas and their own interests.

There is a difference. ....

Network Opinion News

View my Photos
grinder

2005-01-16          104327

Yeah, I call it the "DRAMA NEWS". How many times do you need to see the clips from the Tsunami? To bad they wouldn't use there air time and communications network to do some good.
Armstrong Williams "taking payolla" Rush the "drug addict"
"Bill O'Rielly the Pervert" aren't much of social commentators to me. But, I see your point.

Network Opinion News

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-18          104473

And then there is brian Williems. On 9/11 I was about to take a float down a river to fish for muskies (the day before the opener for my bear season) The guy at the DNR office told me to come in back and see this! After many calls home (I was pretty much in the sticks) We went on our float for musky. That night we were watching tv at my house. Unless I turn on the power antanna (many folks up here dont have one) I get only 1 channel. That channel had Brian Williems on it. I could NOT believe what he was saying. He took his political beliefs and his political agenda and put it infront of his journalistic duties (especially in a time like this) I was totaly amazed this was not brought up later. Even the guy commenting with him looked at him in disbelief. One guy he interviewd by phone called him on what he was saying. I wish I had a way to get a tape of that. It would make him look like the fool he is. He reminds me of wantinmg to act and talk like tom brokaw (anouther special chap)
I used to like Bill ORiely before his head got too big for his time slot. I also stopped watching most of the talking heads. Dont know if anyone has felt the same as me, but I read the stories put on yahoo's home page and they seem to be tilting way to much one sided also.
Personelly I am sick and tired of our new coverages agendas. They talk to us like most of us can not figure out anything for our selves. A JEDI MIND TRICK!!!!! ....

Network Opinion News

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-01-27          105052

One of my new favorite websites on the subject. This guy is retired military with many contacts. Lots of good stuff.

Good news and bad news. More balance. ....

Link:   The Adventures of Chester

Network Opinion News

View my Photos
DeTwang
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-05          105532

------------------------
And then there is brian Williems.
------------------------

That guy was on the tonite show earlier this week. Leno asked him "how about those elections?"

Williams responded, "America needs to know that Iraq is still a very dangerous place". He then went on to describe about hearing bombs falling from his hotel while he was over there or something along those lines, and then changed the subject.

I think his response, and reluctance to talk about the elections, says it all. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login