Go Bottom

reflecting on the holiday season

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-30          121952

Its amazing how time fly's. This was my second christmas with out my dad, and my first one with out my dog. Time to reflect on the past and the future. I was offered work this week during the holiday shut down. Holiday pay plus double time on top of it. 10 hours a day all week!. I worked 24 hours when I reflected on what I just told ya all. I walked out of work after 4 hours today (not mandatory overtime). No more for me this week. My son is home from college, my other kids are off school.
I told myself, " What are you doing?", " Chaseing the all mighty dollar?" . Piss on it! Im taking the rest of the shut down off to spend with my family. I am going ice fishing with the kid in a few hours and going shopping with my girls later in the day tomarroo! Time to slow down and re-evaluate what is important in life. Our precious time we have here on earth should not be spent trying to get "ahead of the game"

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

reflecting on the holiday season

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-30          121988

It is a shame that now days we have to work 16-18 hours a day to stay (ahead of the game). Divided between two people thats not bad, but what if one needs to stay home with a child? What if you don't have the education that it takes to bring home a large enough income too support everyone in the family? What if there are no Union jobs in the area you live that pay time and a half, double time or holiday pay. It is important to spend time with family, but some families don't have that choice.

David

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login