Go Bottom

Medicare Drug Coverage

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-09          122486

If the new Medicare Part D or drug coverage is something for you or a loved one be sure you do a search and do not depend on your pharmacy, insurance agent or anyone else. I have had at least one insurance company tell me the Medicare's web site is not accurate in comparing plans and if you test if for yourself today and come back a couple of days later the results will be different. I don't know if that is true or not.

There is much variance between plans, even plans with the same company and from state to state. With a couple one plan could be best for him and another for her. Next year it could be totally different.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Medicare Drug Coverage

View my Photos
Carldarnell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-10          122572

Well, it scares me. I will have to decide something when I turn 65. The problem I have is I don't take prescription medicine long term and hope I never do. My wife and I have been fortunate that we have good health. The problem is I can get insurance but she can't because she is subject to bone loss and rheumatism. I think we need to be searching for insurance of some sort but my wife has done that to no avail. It seems retirement is not so good afterall huh. ....

Medicare Drug Coverage

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-11          122583

Carl,
Fully understand.

Insurance can vary a lot by each state (outside of the Fed laws and regulations). Look at your State Dept of Insurance for options for your wife. Also, if you or your wife has group coverage available, normally the person can be covered there period. There may be other options. Sometimes you must find some one who can think outside of the normal box.
kt ....

Medicare Drug Coverage

View my Photos
Carldarnell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-11          122596

I am going to check what AARP has to offer. The plan I am with is Anthem and is a $2500 deductable. It's all I could afford when I retired. Several years ago Ky forced all the insurance co. that would not give them kick backs out. The only one that stayed was Humana. After a while some others returned. Now our politicians(the legal thieves)are trying slightly to get more insurance co. here. Ky has the best paid and highly corrupt politicaians that money can buy. Do you sense a little sarcastic contempt for our thieves, I mean politicians. Our gov. is a doctor and was a federal senator before he was elected gov. He has turned out to be in contention for most corrupt Ky gov. since he took office. He is working hard to be more corrupt than Wally Willkerson or Patton and I think he will make it. Makes me wonder how much he was stealing when he was a senator. Uhh, back to insurance, the gov is trying to get more insurance companies in Ky so I may be able to get something. With Medicare at 65 and a suppliment policy for my wife and I it may work. Maybe by next year the mess will be easier to sort through. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login