Go Bottom

NJ Bill Would Prohibit Anonymous Posts on Forums

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-07          125676

Well, let's get ready for more of Big Brother and the "Jackbotted Thugs" who are gradually taking our constitution bit by bit. This really sucks in that it is just yet another step to limiting free speech by making it schitt simple for anyone with a gripe to get a lawyer to sue. The net result will be the bland, boring, milque toast content we see on some other web sites who exercise abusive censorship and threats of litigation.

Link:   NJ Bill Would Prohibit Anonymous Posts on Forums...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-07          125713

That's cuz lawyers are tired of chasing ambulances and want to sit on their A$$es and chase Info packets across the NET:))

David ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-03-07          125715

They just got running water and lights in NJ. Now they got a switch on the NET. Man what a jump. So If you provide info on how to fix my tractor and I injure my self with your sorry instructions I can take legal actions. Give our constitution to the Iraqs we have stopped using it. ....

View my Photos
wingwiper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-07          125722

Actually guys, I agree with it except for the last part which is about slander on the net. As I think about it, I can agree with it to, to a point.
First let's think about this. You have prowlers who pretend to be people who they aren't and they sucker Young Girls to Motels and then Rape them and sometimes Kill them, now I already know that the IP Address can be tracked to just about anyone, but that doesn't always label a person, Imean if they are using a comuter at an Internet Cafe and registered from there with a phoney addy etc. So I see nothing wrong with before I am able to post messages I must provide ID to the Provider, that info would be kept in confidendence until supenoed. I don't have a problem, Christ the banks hold more info on you than that and they have your money as well, or I should say they have given youpaper in place of Gold and then went one step further by issuing worthless paper in place of the paper money that was in place of the Gold.
Now, I can also somewhat see that iif I chose to slander a Tractor Company on this site and cause him tolose moeny and business and thus it is proven that my claims were false and yet many peopl ebeleived me, such as Chinese Resturants serve dog etc and it has caused harm to someone, why shouldn't I be held liable. Does the internet mean Stealth? totally? and that anything goes and no guidlines and free-for-all and victim beware etc etc etc Maybe the Bill needs some more work but I can see the purpose.
Ok call me weird and I do NOT see any connection with using Public Cumpters and being liable for your statements as any loss in any Consitutional Rights or freedoms, I would really need to have which article that would pretain to, Is yelling "Fire" in a crowded movie theater when there isn't really a Fire an infringement on Freedom of Speech. Come on, think!
OK Iam the Bad guy again, someone else's turn now.....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login