Go Bottom

New Tax being created

View my Photos
wingwiper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-06          131774

Here it comes folks. If there is a time you need to be vocal, it is now....
Oregon is testing the waters by taxing people for the number of miles that they drive. WoW!
How about taxing Fat People for the amount of food that they eat or space they occupy. How about taxing Joggers for the miles they run. or people who walk to work after all we taxpayers have to build sidewalks. How about taxing for the number of books read or the number of movies watched or the number of mountains you have looked at or trees you see? How stupid. Now someone needs to bitch about this and loud, other wise if it goes unchecked, other states will soon follow. Like the Rooms and Meals Tax, Sin Tax, Luxury Tax, Property Tax etc etc. It clearly shows it is time for a Tax on Consumtion only and do away with all other taxes, Tax on spending only. Hell in Vermont we pay for a view on our Taxes. Damn! God put it here and I am taxed for it. That is like Marijuana, it is a Plant, it grows on Earth BUTTTTT anyone who has a bird shit on their land and they get caught with a God Made Plant, off to jail you go and pay the FINES.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New Tax being created

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-06          131782

WW,

I thought the fuel or gas tax was a tax on miles driven. Sadly my state does tax us fat people, it is the prepared food tax. Food already prepared is higher than food you prepare. (highest sales tax in our state, but hey only tourist pay that, wrong) But keep quite, they don't tax food we grow but they will when they realize it. You know the idea only tourist pay a certain tax is rather dumb. I leave home and I become that tourist per law makers.

Realizing Dean is former Governor of your state makes it easy to understand your feelings. Is it not your state's moto, "Live Free or Die"? Guess that needs to be changed. No I am not lol. ....

New Tax being created

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-06          131785

Japan uses that pay as you drive system and maybe even upper SE Canada--not sure. Detroit passed or will be passng a tax on fast food consumption---so funny seeing a brotha (the Mayor) telling otha brothas they gots to pay a tax for The Man's fastfood (truth is Detroit has the largest number of brotha-owned fastfood joints).

As far as pay as you go one of Alabama's Finest Department of Trans. boys (AL-DOT) pulled me over in my '03 Ram pulling my 12KGVW trailer and my CUT. Got 7 tickets---no DOT numbers, no medical card, no vehicle/trailer inspections, no log book, etc., etc. The kicker is I got auditted (they tracked me down to my FEMA-like trailer) last month by the USDOT (the Feds) because I'm in the "system" as (having to) buy DOT numbers AND (having) been pulled over. They asked how many miles I drove so far this year. I guessed and told them 10,000. "Great" they said, "that's what your fines will be based on next time you get pulled over"! So how's that for pay as you drive? ....

New Tax being created

View my Photos
dsg

2006-07-06          131791

The Government keeps it up and there will be a tax REVALUATION. I'm sick and tired of being taxed for this and that. It's time WE THE PEOPLE take back the country for WE the people.

David ....

New Tax being created

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-07-06          131793

DSG

Maybe you can get a few of the mexicans to help. They dont seem to mine marching. I will never pay taxes on any other jobs after i retire from this job. 11 million mexcians dont pay taxes and my government is going to reward them for this lack of payments. Jose SG8dimingo cant beat them join them. ....

New Tax being created

View my Photos
dsg

2006-07-07          131806

I have no interest in helping out NON-Americans. If they are not paying their fair share, kick'em out. No love lost here for Mexicans or Africans.

David ....

New Tax being created

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-07-07          131810

KT

Live Free or Die belongs to New Hampshire and the Liberals tried to get changed.
We are nothing more than the Green Mountain State. Phoney.
We pay Tax on prepared foods here as well and there is some question on what a Prepared Food is. Also if you buy a Juice No Tax but if it is Carbonated, tax.
We need to Pay a BIRTH TAX, Every mother will have to pay a Tax on their Newborns before they can bring them home. LOL Good God. How about we just deman them NOT to spend on STUPID SHIT? you know like how many millions to come up with a pen that would write in Space and write upside down etc and all we had to do was to do what the Russians did, USE A PENCIL. ....

New Tax being created

View my Photos
jdcman

2006-07-07          131813

I’m with SG and DSG, let’s reform the tax codes and make everyone pay their fair share.

There’s 0ver 43 million tax filing Americans that didn’t pay a single dime in federal taxes. Let’s kick all the free loading scum buckets out!

New Tax being created

View my Photos
dsg

2006-07-07          131847

OK folks, this has got my dander UP, of course it has to do with TAXES. I've never shared this before on this board & maybe I shouldn't. I'm a Disabled Veteran and I pay taxes and am happy to do it as long as it's NOT squandered. I think every swing Dic? should pay their fair share and I don't want to be supporting some CAN from another country that doesn't, (spit) there I've SAID my fair share.

David ....

New Tax being created

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2006-08-06          133016

most of that 43 million is folks (kids) that did not earn enough to pay so the govt. return on those incomes was 100% (Dont know if that was included or not) ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login