Go Bottom

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
sparkplug
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-12          73757

This message has been deleted as it seemd to be an ad.

The point of the original message might have been to question if the Polaris may be a better Utility cart?? Is it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-12          73769

You are right about the polaris set up they are faster. I found the Kubota very easy to drive for all conditions that I had to drive them in with the Mule,ranger,and gator for comparisons. ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-12          73800

I don't own one, but around here it seems that the hunting vehicles wear horseshoes and burn hay. ;-) A lot of the really good elk territory is closed to motor vehicle traffic of any sort. ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-28          75343

There is only one greatest hunting vehicle,and for most people,they already have it,its your feet. If you want to play and ride around,thats great,but if you want to hunt,walking is always the best mode of transportation. Richard ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-29          75361

Richard, you should try hunting on horseback sometime. It's a lot less strenous, you can cover more ground in less time, and NOTHING will get you closer to a critter in the woods than a horse will.

We all carry a length of stout rope when we ride in the bush, it makes getting a deer dressed and out of the bush MUCH easier, and I couldn't tell you how many times I've puller a stuck ATV out.

Besides, even if you get skunked on the hunt you got a nice ride in.

Best of luck. ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-29          75405

You are right,a horse or a mule would be the next closest perfect hunting vehicle,all depends on where your hunting. Most of the hunting within 1000 miles of w.va.,is on small tracts of land,close to a road,you don't need a ATV to "hunt" it. Now an ATV will come in handy getting your deer out,and maybe even getting you to the treestand area,but other then that,its a deer negative.

I've watched deer when ATV's are coming,they run away. They have caught on to the sound,maybe in the beginning,they hadn't yet,but they have now.

People are forgetting how to walk,its no wonder we and are children are getting fatter and fatter. Richard [this post was edited by others then me] ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-29          75418

Richard, I have been in a food fight or two in my time on this board and far be it from me to point any finger of blame. Your experience, knowledge and input is very welcome here and I for one learn from and enjoy your posts a great deal as I do Murf's as well. I consider both of you friends. I can understand giving as good as you get and sticking up for yourself but this post in my opinion steps over the line with respect to language. I would appreciate it if you would reconsider your comments and perhaps "reword" them. I think it would be best for the board and all concerned. I am not taking any sides; just that curse words and the terms used here have no place on this board. Yeah, we all use them from time to time in a moment of anger (at least speaking for myself especially when driving in city traffic). If you and Murf choose to continually slug it out; that is between the two of you. I hate to see it to be honest and would hope you two could find a happy medium. But those terms and words just don't belong here and they harm you as much as they do this board Richard. Again, I would thank you for your reconsideration of the wording of this post. Thanks. ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-29          75423

Chief,I know I have never met you,but if I did,I believe I would like you,so I do respect what you say.
Now,regardless of what went on between me and murf,[and if I get an honest shake],he replied to me,I would not have replied to him or mark h,in the future after the bullshit that went on,did you notice that?

I'll leave them alone,but if after all the names and such that they[and others] threw out against me on their keyboards,will I let them type back to me like nothing happened,conspiracy does come to mind.

So the bottom line is this,if you all can't handle an honest man like me,who doesn't vote,and is not political,who has knowledge to offer the board,and who basicly doesn't care what the rest of the club thinks,then do like Dennis suggested,vote me off, I could give a shit less at this point.

Remember this though,I was also kicked off the "other" board for the same reasons. Richard
p.s.,I deleted my remarks to muffy,this will not happen again,I got to edit my edit,What I meant by that is I ain't going to be deleting anymore retorts to nasty indivduals,the only reason,like I have said,that I deleted on the other topic,was so dennis wouldn't delete the whole thing,thus loosing a thesis worth of welding knowledge by me and about two or three other people.You see what your into here,good stuff lost because somebody is thined skined.,etc,etc. And I never will be able to figure out why a conversation between two people who disagree should worry any body else?Is there somekind of government overseer that I don't know about,who will shut you down unless you behave in a politically correct way or something? ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-01-31          75580

This thread will be deleted shortly as it seems to be an Ad by someone, and the rest of the content is now somewhat pointless.

Started in the junk hopper and seems to have ended there.

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-31          75597

I second that motion. ;o) ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-01-31          75601

I third that motion,Richardg ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-02-01          75640

Richard..before this useless thread gets decapitated I just have to make a comment about voting. Seems that 40% or less of our citizens vote. I firmly believe that EVERYONE needs to be involved. 70% of our people are conservative to moderate but we are being led down the primerose path by the unelected bureacrats and liberal judges "legislating" from the bench.

We ALL have to get involved and VOTE!! Get rid of the filibuster's, put in the right candidates, and force them to follow the constitution to the letter. VOTE!! or don't complain about who's running things. ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-02-01          75683

Wild,I respect your opinion on voting,BUT,if you vote for these idiots,it just makes them want to do it again.

Now as far as that if you don't vote don't bitch saying,bullshit,my not voting IS my vote,I serveed my country in the armed forces,I am at least a five generation american,and if you counted the american indian blood that has been rumored to be in my veins,then its a whole lot more generations then that,so you see I can damn well bitch all I want,and voting has nothing to do with it.
I honestly,[no shit],would like them to hold an election for president one of these days,and about 1,000 total votes is all that could be gotten,now what do you think would happen then? Something would sure as hell change,and thats what we need change,term limits,would be a good start,more then two parties,[who have a chance of winning],the elimination of letting millonares run,maybe the elimination of letting lawyers run,etc.

Thats why I don't vote,you have the choice of larry, moe or curly,every time,I choose none of the above,I choose no vote,because if enough of us choose not to vote, there would be a change,otherwise,you are just encourging them. Richard ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-02-01          75711

I have to agree with Richard to some degree here. I am not out to stir the pot, it is just when we moved last year and went to register to vote in the county we moved to, when I elected to Not check Republican or democrat and go independant, I was told that I could then NOT Vote in a primary election. Can someone please explain Democarcy to me. ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-01          75713

A primary is the method parties use to select THEIR candidate. If you want to participate in a parties candidate selection process then you are free to do so by joining the party. You are still free to vote in the general election and if you don't like the candidates you can write in somebody. I don't see the problem. ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-02-01          75715

But my question is, why if I feel strongly for a member of a party do I have to be a member of that party to support them. I vote based on the issues and the person, not on the party. This way I can not support someone to run who I feel would be good if I don't register under that party. Basically saying I have to choose the party before I know who the canidates are that running. ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-01          75716

Hope I didn't stir the pot with that last post. I absolutely understand the frustration with the political parties and the party process and feel at times that registering as an independent would at least send the message that they are offering up poor candidates. If parties see their membership shrink dramatically then maybe they'll get a clue. But then a smaller number of people will select the eventual candidates and who the heck knows how bad they will be. What's a voter to do? ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-02-01          75718

What the hell is wrong with stirring the pot a little.don't worry,be happy. Richard Bowman,you had better be careful agreeing with anything that I might say,you might get in trouble with the club. ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-02-02          75742

I don't suggest to have the answer to getting the best candidate on a ticket. The campaign finance reforms and term limits are a joke. Unless every state agrees to uniform term limits, then different states have different advantages. Finance reforms get circumvented by everyone..starting with the sponsers. They just go out and exploit the loopholes they created.

But..one thing is clear..only having a small minority of our society choosing the candidates is a serious problem. I just believe that EVERYONE needs to be involved. Get more candidates out there..get more public discourse..debate the issues, as opposed to "trashing" the opponents..prohibit career politicians (does Strom Thurmond come to mind?).

It is a battle between competing high dollar interests, and this is on both sides. Look at Kerry, a Democrat, whose party is opposed to big corporations, is a multi-millionare.

Then look at the prescription drug bill, now at 500b over 10 years, and not one mention of the term "deficit" in the debates by either side. BUT..how many times did we hear the term "deficit" during the tax cut debates??

The Repubs are trying to steal the Dem's issues and both parties are moving towards bigger & bigger government. This is what buys votes. More and more giveaways and entitlements.

We need to get to the grass roots of our system and to do that we need 100% involvement. That's my issue with those who don't vote. The 60% who don't vote could at least write someone in, and that COULD make a difference.

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-02-02          75762

Wild,who should you write in though? I mean there is no need of writing in micky mouse unless all 60% did it,and that won't happen.
I'm from w.va.,does robert bird,[spelled wrong],come to mind,speaking of term limits,that would have to be an ammendment to constitution,to get that in,We don't need career politicians running our governments,period,thats not what our founding fathers intended,thats like having a few royal families running it. There are millons of americans out there who are capable of being a senator or congressman,[there is not much qualifications required for job you know],lets take turns,8 years is enough,period.

Then you get into the yellow dog demacrats and the pink cat republicans[just made the pink cat part up,good huh],that would vote a yellow dog in if thats the only demacrat on ballot. mindless.
Untill you change whats wrong with the system,argueing about those little things you mentioned makes no sense,thats what they want.

I will say this though,after clinton,and since there is a war on,the demacrates should be kept out for a while,maybe in another 4 to 8 years a new thought might come to them, and the war will be won. Thats still not enough to get me to vote though,cause with our present system,it really doesn't matter. Richard ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-02-03          75818

Richard..well, write me in. Just joking.

Yeah..I know about Robert "there's entirely too much consumin' goin' on" Bird. What a piece of work. I'm sure you didn't put him in office but alot of people did..and alot of those were folks that would have voted for his opponent, had they voted.

70% of Americans are moderate to conservative. The extreme left/right comprize about equal numbers outside of that.

If 100% of Americans voted and the politicians knew that they would, then you'd see candidates with those values, who wouldn't otherwise run, do so. I really believe that we'd have better choices.

Look at Jesse Ventura. He went to war against both parties as an independent and won. But..he energized a base that alot of which wouldn't have voted.

And how about the horrible prospect of Hillary running for Prez and winning!!?? Jeez..we just gotta get out and keep THAT from happening!!! Even if her opponent isn't our favorite. And I predict that she will come knocking in '08. We won't be out of the woods from those 8 years with "them" in office and America just can't stand another 8 years of communist, self serving trash running this country. So..voting, especially under THAT senario is a matter of survival.

It DOES matter. If only one voter shows up and he/she votes in Hillary..we ALL suffer and bye bye America.

It's been interesting, Richard, and I never intended to get into politics on a tractor site. Now, I gotta order my toothbar and rotary broom before spring arrives....and start my tax returns. Fun.

"Wildie" AKA Mike (there's an interesting story about how I got a "nick" like wildman)

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
loghouse95

2004-02-03          75820

Richard, I am sure you have heard the saying "people are Goveren by the type of goverment they deserve" I am sad to say your idea of not voting is not the way of solving our problems,not only are you telling our elected officials you condone their actions and behavior in office you are in fact encouraging such..People have to get involved in what they feel is wrong, from the local and state level to the federal. Term limits is just another way of telling the American people "you are not smart enough to vote me out of office" so we will pass another law to enforce and take away some more of your freedom.. One person can do little or nothing at all to effect change but collecttivly there is no limit to what we can accomplish... I know, trying to get americans to act in unison is like trying to organize a can of fishing worms, but if we ever give up and say it does not matter, our great republic is doomed.... ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-02-03          75843

Log,respect your opinion,but needless to say,don't agree with most of it. Richard ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-02-04          75916

I'm a conservative, Have guns, and even more dangerous items..like a tractor with all of its scarey implements.

I recently read a paper written by a history professor about democracies going back several thousand years. His research found that the average lifespan for a democracy was about 200 years. The stages each democracy went through mirrored what ours is going through. The end stage was total apathy followed by autocratic rule.

After freedom was won, people were euphoric and patriotic. They got involved. Then came the discovery that they could vote themselves entitlements and the like. Then came expectations that the government should provide those nice things while fewer & fewer people involved themselves in the process. This was followed by voluntary military service and a total apathetic attitude.

This was followed by military takeovers and..viola'...no more democracy. We are in the end game right now.

Fact is, this subject came up when a General officer recently stated that an attack on the U.S. by weapons of mass destruction could very well spell an end to our constitution. That could only happen if the people stay uninvolved and LET it happen.

Just not involving oneself with our system of government is a sure fire way to make THAT a self fulfilling prophecy.

It's never gonna be a perfect system but it takes all of us to keep the lid on and maintain our freedom.

GET AND STAY INVOLVED! Or...dig a hole, climb into it with a bunch of guns and wait for them to come blow you out of it. (Ruby Ridge)(Waco). THEM is supposed to be US. But that is changing.

Just my humble thoughts. ....

Best Hunting Vehicle

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-02-04          75945

Humm. Let me think about it........., no still ain't voting. Now I got to get busy,my hole needs to be at least 5 more ft deep by dark. Richard ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login