Go Bottom

Coolant flush and replacement

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-24          100914

My dealer's service department just told me that most diesel engines used on CUT's are of a wet sleeve design. He said that they are susceptible to corrosion around these sleeves when coolant gets older and acidic. Guess most people overlook this, like me, and go beyond the recommended flush and replacement every 3 years as stated by the tractor/engine manufacturer. He also recommended putting in an anti-rust additive. Just thought I'd pass on this information!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-24          100920

That is true about the additives in the coolent. I often recommend several of the additives to bring the coolent back up to it's original. The coolent normally doesn't loose it's cold protection just the additives wear out. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-24          100947

I add a few onces of coolant conditioner every year to help prevent cavitation.
Many big trucks have conditioner right in the coolant filters, just change the filter each year to recharge the coolant.
I have seen cavitation before in truck engines, looked like tiny pin holes in the liner from the outside (coolant side) of the liner in. One tiny pin hole that makes its way all the way through the liner was all it takes to cause serious problems requiring an engine rebuild. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login