Go Bottom

Hydrailic repair

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-06          105584

My scv for the dump circuit will no longer return to center on it's own . by looking at a break down on the control valve there seems to be around 31 pieces. springs, balls,bushings, seals and what have you. the dump still works just won't return to center and feels like maybe one of the springs might broke as it a bit crunchy when moved. Does anyone know if there are sold as kit rebuilds or can you get buy just a few pieces? the dump seemed to slow some before it started sticking , I'm guessing the spool was not allowed to move into full open position.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydrailic repair

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-06          105597

The spring can be bought individually on most valves. and is usually not too much of a job to replace. ....

Hydrailic repair

View my Photos
plots1

2005-02-06          105602

Thanks, well as you said it wasn't to bad , had to remove seat and right fender in order to get lines off the scv valves. I got valve apart and found no broken springs. there are a few little balls that go into the spool shaft that are worn into egg shapes and sorta chewed. and I believe that is my problem. while I got it apart I'm going to check into rebuilds for both the regenerative and float valves as I'm going to need new seals as they both are always a bit damp. hopefully a kit will have all o rings and seals in it. I think I'm going to get power beyond also while it's all apart as the end cap for the set up is already there. ....

Hydrailic repair

View my Photos
plots1

2005-02-07          105636

well found out today valves can not be serviced,you can only get o rings to replace it onto main relive valve. had to order new valve $209.00.As for the other valve they said a bit of dampness is normal and was told to just let it ride till it really starts leaking bad.also found out power beyond is not what I need as it gives constant flow. I just need another scv out let. $1150 for the entire kit, Valve, hose's, couplers and so on. WOW! there has to be somewhere to get it cheaper I'll just have to keep robbing power from dump valve when I need it in the rear. ....

Hydrailic repair

View my Photos
dfkrug

2005-02-07          105655

My guess is that you need little from JD to access the
connection next to the SCV for another auxilliary valve.
$1150 is ridiculous.

What you need most is the instructions, which may be in your JD service manual (not aftermarket) and a close look at
the parts diagram. Getting and installing the power beyond plug is the most significant thing. ....

Hydrailic repair

View my Photos
plots1

2005-02-08          105712

I have the power beyond port already it's on the end of the scv valves, but hooking up to that will supply constant flow. what I need is another scv with a valve with a lever to activate flow when needed. I bought a new scv valve yesterday for $210.00 , seem's I need another one of those and two lines with couplers. can't believe it's $940.00 for a couple lines with couplers, as there kit was $1150.00 ....

Hydrailic repair

View my Photos
dfkrug

2005-02-08          105727

Outrageous. Two short hoses (vs steel pipes) and quick couplers should be $50-75. JD likes those steel pipes. I prefer flexible hoses.

Maybe the $1150 includes labor to install?

Years ago when I bought my first Kubota, I walked into my
local Kubota dealer and asked for a price on the kit to add an auxilliary valve. They said $1200. Turns out I could just plumb a few lines to the power beyond port of the loader valve and add my own 2-spool valve, which I got for $75. I found out later that I could buy a Gearmore adapter block for $90 to connect to the hydraulic circuit back by the 3-point valve. A few hoses and I was set. $1200? Makes no sense. ....

Hydrailic repair

View my Photos
plots1

2005-02-08          105802

Yes that is crazy! I will surely get it riged up for much cheaper than that. like you said he must of been giving me an installed price, but that's still outlandish. Dam John deere and there high prices! ....

Hydrailic repair

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-20          106496

Plots out of curiosity, How did it turn out? What was your outcome and did you instal the extra valve etc. ?
Also why was that first problem not under warrenty?
LOL One more thing? Do you have a t&t ( what ever that is called) ? ....

Hydrailic repair

View my Photos
plots1

2005-02-20          106498

Yes, it's all done,I was only given a three month warrenty (bought used.)I didn't add the scv because of cost but it's not really that big of deal just robbing hydro power from my dump circuit when I need flow behind tractor. I do still want it though as the Top and Tilt would be really nice working with the box blade. For now my Out of money self will just have to keep climbing on and off when I need to change angles. ....

Hydrailic repair

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-20          106502

Ohh I hear that! Wonder what it all takes to make a set up? Think I need to do some investigating. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login