Go Bottom

Can t get high sulfer diesel

View my Photos
kskwash
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-15          108074

I went to my local distributor for fuel, here in Texas, and they told me that I could not get high sulfer fuel without having an ID card from the Texas Comptroler. I could not even put it straight into my tractor. They could put a tank out on my land and fill that up, but the smallest tank that they have is 250 gallons, and I would not use that much fuel in a year. Has anyone else experienced or heard anything about this anywhere else?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-03-15          108078

Haven't had that problem (YET) here in Western,Pa.
I get my off road high sulfer diesel at a local service station.

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-15          108084

Welcome to the 21st century in America.

See if there is a minimum amount they will deliver. There are lots of nice 50-70 gallon tanks designed to go in the back of pick-up trucks. They mount just as nicely to a pallet.

If that does not work out..... there are fuel additives. One I really like is 85 Plus. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-16          108120

How much fuel do you typically use in a year? My understanding is that there is no "High Sulphur" diesel any longer. It is all the same stuff. The "off road" and "ag" diesel is treated with red dye to indicate that it has not been taxed. Unless you can split the cost of the fuel and use of a 250 gallon tank with a friend or neighbor; it may not be economically viable to buy or lease a tank as opposed to doing the 5 gallon can thing and buying normal pump diesel. Most Coop's do however sell off road diesel in my area where you can buy small quantities but to get the free use of the 250 gallon tank and free delivery, you must buy at least 250 gallons. I keep about 175 gallons and treat is with Power Service Anti-Micro Biocidal, their fuel treatment in the silver bottle, and Stabil just to be on the safe side. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-03-16          108122

The local station where I buy my diesel has an above ground fuel tank with a big sign on it .
"High sulfer diesel
Off road use only" ....

View my Photos
kskwash

2005-03-16          108129

Yes, high sulfer, off road, ag diesel is all the same thing. My distrbutor used to keep his tank with an "off road use only" on it, but because of some idiots, (he caught 2 guys trying to sneak some into their trucks), he now has stopped that. I will try the idea of the 50 to 70 gal tank. Thanks for the info.
Kevin ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login