Go Bottom

Hydraulic Filters

View my Photos
Cliff
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-12-10          10858

For anyone that has been interested in the filter thread. After replacing my hydraulic filter for the 50 hr. maintenance with a Wix Filter I developed a terrible squall in the hydraulics. Well I stuck the factory filter back on to check to see if that would cure the problem. Well it did. Stuck the old one on and shazam! no more noise. From now on it's OEM when it comes to my tractor filters.Cliff

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulic Filters

View my Photos
Ted
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-12-10          10870

Here's a trick we use on our fleet, some of you may wish to try. We have the problem of EXTREME dust conditions in our work (golf course construction primarily) so much so that the hydraulic filters and fluid is dirtier than the filter can handle, mostly extremely small particles of clay dust. My maintenance guy made up a 'portable' filter pack. It consists of a very large, highly efficient element on it's own base, a flex line with quick-connect fittings on the in & out fittings of the filter housing. The lines are then connected to the remotes during lunch or breaks and the valve left open, with the machine idling. This way we get the benefit of the best filter availble, the cleanest fluid possible and, hopefully, the most machine life span, without modifying our equipment, or using non-oem parts. Plus with staggered lunches & breaks we can ervice several machines every day with one set-up, and dont have to try fluid/filter changes in the field. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login