Go Bottom

Sea foam

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-06          125641

Has anyone any knowledge of this product. After using Dextron II as a additive to lube the injectors which I found out is not the disired method. Local back yard fix. I used Seafoam which was recommend by a disel mechnic. the engine is a lot more smooth and quiet. Any input will be appreicated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Sea foam

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-06          125642

I don't know what "Sea Foam" is, but your best addative (if you choose to use one) would be an actual diesel addative like "Power Service" or "Standedyne" or some other name brand. ....

Sea foam

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-03-06          125644

AV8R
I use Power Service and is seems to work great. I was under the idea that Sea Foam was the superman of additives.
Thanks for the info. ....

Sea foam

View my Photos
Chief

2006-03-06          125648

I use Power Service to boost the cetane rating and Lucas Oil fuel additive for lubrication. Not sure scientifically how much of a benefit it is but it seems to help. ....

Sea foam

View my Photos
JasonR

2006-03-06          125652

I've never used Sea foam in a diesel engine, but I have in some gas engines.

My neighbor had a two-man post hole digger he said I could borrow, but 'good luck' getting it to run - as he said he couldn't make it run. I went to the local autoparts store to pick up some carb cleaner and a spark plug, and he recommended using Sea Foam. After a little bit of work and adding sea foam to the gas - it ran.

I bought a used motorcycle from a relative who said it stalled on low idle quite often. After some minor work (have't had time to take apart the carbs) it's running better with each tank of gas - which has sea foam in it.

Jason ....

Sea foam

View my Photos
wingwiper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-07          125660

I have used MYSTERY OIL as a Gasoline dditive to keep injectors cleaned etc and I have used it in my crankcase as well. My JD is still too new and don't want to mess up with Warranty Issues but what is people's feelings about the Mystery Oil being used in the Oil. I already do use Power Service from the info I gained on these boards over the last two years, but what about adding Mystery Oil with the Power Service. Here in Vermont it has been below Zero and my Tractor started. I have doubled the Power Service amount, use UNCUT Off Road Diesel and keep it plugged in.
What is the actual Mystery about Mystery Oil? ....

Sea foam

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-03-07          125695

Wingwiper

Does the instructions on the Mistery oil say if it can be used in diesel. I wonder if two many additives would be bad. I dont have a cold weather problem, but the additives do make the engine quieter and smoother. I would like to have the best mix if that is achieveable. ....

Sea foam

View my Photos
wingwiper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-07          125728

Currently, I do not have a can of it andy to be able to tell you. Next time I go into town I was goingto get more. It seems it did say it was good for diesel, but don't know about the multi additives either. Hell they burn Veggie oil don't they/ ....

Sea foam

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-03-07          125731

I know for a fact it will run off of Dextron II sounds like hell but will run and dig. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login