lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-05          128898

Anyone?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Anybody having trouble getting off road diesel

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-05          128903

No, most Coop's carry it. Look in the phone book for the nearest petroleum distributor; they carry it as well but you will have to go and pick it up if you don't order a minimum amount. Usually around 250 gallons if you want it delivered. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-05          128912

Generally speaking the more sub-urban you are the more plentiful it is.

Every construction company, farmer, logging operation and stationary diesel power-plant (sewage backup pumps, water pumps, generators, et., etc.) need it on a routine basis.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-05          128915

Most Coop's carry off road diesel.
Look in the phone book for the nearest petroleum distributor; they carry it as well but you will have to go and pick it up if you don't order a minimum amount. Usually around 250 gallons if you want it delivered.

I called and found 3 petroleum distributors that have it.
All 3 have a 150 Gallon minimum delivery amount but that only applies if they have to make a special trip.
If they are already making deliveries in my area they will stop and fill my tank even if it don't take anywhere near the 150 gallon minimum. A 15 to 55 gallon drum will work fine for this.
I can also drop my tank off at their place and they will fill it the next morning so I can pick it up later that day.
I could also leave a tank at a place they deliver to and they will fill my tank there.

The minimum is not the least they will sell you * it's the least they will make a special trip for. A world of difference between the two meanings.

View my Photos
Murf

2006-05-05          128916

LB call the people who deliver your home heating oil, if you use oil, or if not, the distributors who deliver to some of your neighbours.

Most distributors, have more than one compartment on the truck, and have several, with a different product in each one.

Often the same truck that delivers home heating oil also makes stops at construction sites and yards to delivered coloured diesel fuel.

If one such truck operates in your neighbourhood, the distributor will more than likely make a stop at your house also.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
dsg

2006-05-05          128925

Murf's right. and if you're not a buisness have them fill it with homeheating fuel ( no offroad tax) same diesel.

David ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login