Go Bottom

Power Service at Walmart

View my Photos
ScooterMagee
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-05          130485

At least two of the Wal-Marts in our area have pulled the Power Service products off their shelves, and no one in the stores could tell me why. Anyone else experience this? Anyone know why?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Power Service at Walmart

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-05          130487

My guess would be Power Service didn't bend over backwards, do 2 hoops and kiss Wal Mart's ass. Or it could be WW is just out of stock and their professional sales crew/manager/door greeters are out in left field without a glove. They play a lot of games, so who knows. ....

Power Service at Walmart

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2006-06-05          130488

Clipped form an online chat group (tdiclub.com)

This is what Power Service had to say:

Thank you for contacting Power Service regarding our products at Wal-Mart. You have encountered one of the following situations: (1) no product on the shelf or (2) product was on the shelf but you were not allowed to purchase it due to a product "recall".

The most important thing for you to know is there is NOT a factory recall of Power Service diesel additives. All of our products are safe and effective for use in your diesel engine. Any product you may have already purchased is useable and not defective in any way.

The reason for the out-of-stock situation and Wal-Mart initiated recall is that Wal-Mart Stores is taking a very pro-active and cautious approach to new regulations associated with diesel fuels and diesel fuel additives. Effective June 1, 2006, all diesel fuel additives sold at retail must be compliant with new Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuels. Power Service, in anticipation of these new fuels coming into production, has been ULSD compatible and compliant for the past two years. In addition, the Environmental Protection Agency is requiring that all diesel fuel additives offered at retail have specific labeling. The label required on all diesel fuel additives produced after June 1, 2006 is as follows:

This diesel fuel additive complies with the federal low sulfur content requirements for use in diesel motor vehicles and nonroad engines.

Wal-Mart has decided that they want all products in their inventory to be labeled with this language effective June 1, 2006. For this reason, Wal-Mart has returned all of their inventory of our products to us to be labeled with the proper EPA mandated language. We will then replenish their inventory with the EPA labeled product. We anticipate that the stores will be back in-stock by June 23, 2006. All other competitive diesel fuel additives in Wal-Mart’s inventory have also been returned to the manufacturer. Again, the only issue is one of labeling - there is no problem with with the functionality of the product.

In the meantime if you would like to source our diesel fuel additives, they can be purchased at the following retailers:

o Advance Auto Parts

o Auto Zone

o Car Quest

o Checkers, Schucks and Kragens Stores

o Murray’s Discount Auto

o NAPA Auto Parts

o O’Reilly Auto Parts

o Strauss Discount Auto

o Tractor Supply

Please do not hesitate to contact to Power Service if you have any problems locating the product you need. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we look forward to helping you in any way that we can. Thank you for using Power Service diesel additives

Power Service at Walmart

View my Photos
Billy

2006-06-05          130491

I wasn't off after all. Wal Mart games. ....

Power Service at Walmart

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-06-05          130505

Maybe. Or perhaps they have tangled with a Federal Bureaucracy before and got once burned and twice smart. ....

Power Service at Walmart

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2006-06-06          130521

Thanks for the research Ann.
Dave ....

Power Service at Walmart

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-06-06          130537

Since WalMart ownes the retail market, they are probably playing safe. They are also working hard to try to clean up their bad image. So they want the fuel additives to have the proper labeling to help offset the many WalMarts that were built on wetlands or illegaly drain their parking lots into wetlands. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login