Go Bottom

Lubrication

View my Photos
Jeff Pizzi
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-09-12          19764

I know I've seen a discussion about compressors, but I don't recall if any mention was made of a major benefit. An air powered grease gun! I just got my compressor fired up (60 gal, 6.5 hp (yeah right!)) and hooked up the grease gun I bought at Harbor Freight. FANTASTIC. It cuts my lube time by 4. No more trying to hold the gun between my knees so I can hold the nozzle on the zerk fitting while I pump the handle. I have a JD 755 w/ #7 back hoe so there are lots of fittings. For those of you with compressors I can't recommend this enough. The gun was only $16 dollars and looks identical to one I saw in the Grainger catalog for $56. Build quality is great and it uses the 14 once cartridges or bulk fill. If you don't have a compressor, this is great reason to get one. It runs anywere for 30 to 130 psi and really doesn't use any volume so I'd think even a very small one would work. No more reason to skimp on the all important grease PLUS I stayed much cleaner. Sorry this was so long, but I just had to share.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Lubrication

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-09-12          19765

Pretty handy tool, aren't they, Jeff? $16 sounds like a bargain. They usually run $25 to $30 at places like Northern Tool, Tractor Supply Co., Gebo's, etc. ....

Lubrication

View my Photos
Eddie Watkins

2000-09-13          19773

Jeff, got one from Harbor Freight as well. It really works well. I dodn't realize it was such a bargain until I saw the prices posted here. ....

Lubrication

View my Photos
Frank R Taylor

2000-09-15          19807

Ok, Ok, Ok. I can tell I gotta get me one. Never realized they were so useful. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login