Go Bottom

Kubota 7300 blowing oil

View my Photos
Fritz Campbell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-06-30          29732

Thank you all for the replies on the New Holland filters. I have a question from my brother who has a nice little Kubota 7300 16hp. He noticed that he is blowing oil from the dipstick when mowing. This is a practically new tractor that he only uses for mowing (60" deck)he has less than 100 hrs on it. He just noticed this oil blowing problem recently. Any advice on what could be causing this problem? The only thing that he hasn't done maintenance-wise is change out the air filter-but he has blew it off several times (inside out). He is running it approximately half way between add and full on the dipstick. As always, I appreciate the advice.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota 7300 blowing oil

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-07-01          29741

I guess the oil level is rechecked after it has been blowing oil, and the level is checked on fairly level ground. If so, it sounds like a blocked crankcase breather. All engines produce some blow-by, and many engines also create pressure waves from piston movements. A crankcase has to have a breather. If the breather is blocked, the dipstick is about the only other opening. Many dipsticks on small diesels come into the crankcase quite low near the oil level. If blow-by is existing through the dipstick, it's likely that some oil is being picked up and forced out around the dipstick. I'd mow for awhile and then check for oil while the tractor is still running at PTO speed. Wipe off any oil and wait to see if it's still blowing oil. If so, wipe again and remove the oil-fill cap to see if it still blows. If it stops blowing, a blocked breather is likely, which should be fairly simple to find and correct. Open breather systems can be a hose on the side of the engine, a breather cap on the rocker arm cover etc. Closed systems, like PVC automotive systems, feed pressure from the crankcase back through the intake manifold, and there is a valve somewhere in the line. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login