Go Bottom

MARVEL MYSTERY OIL

View my Photos
SAMUEL
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-28          50281

HAVE USES THIS PRODUCT IN GAS VEHICLES. SEEMS TO KEEP NOISY LIFTERS FROM TAPPING AT START UP. WOULD IT BE GOOD TO PUT IN MY NEW TC30 AT EVERY OIL CHANGE.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

MARVEL MYSTERY OIL

View my Photos
TomG

2003-03-01          50297

People do use it in diesels that have haven't been run in awhile. I think it can be used as a fuel or an oil additive. I haven't heard of people using it regularly in diesels.

There were some comments about it on another board not long ago (as a fuel additive I think). From the comments, I gather that it isn't supposed to be used in aircraft engines although no reason why was given. Another person seemed to suggest that it is similar to kerosene with red dye (or off-road #1 diesel), or maybe the idea was that using #1 off-road diesel does about the same thing. Irrespective of the idea, kerosene is a decent cleaner. What ever the idea, it is a product that usually receives favourable comments.

MARVEL MYSTERY OIL

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-01          50298

I normally don't nor see any reason to use Marvel in a new engine. It is good for sticky hydraulic lifters as you mentioned but I would not recommend it as a additive for new engines. ....

MARVEL MYSTERY OIL

View my Photos
hardwood

2003-03-02          50388

Unless a factory approved additive is recommended for some reason I'd be shy of any additive to the reommended grade of oil for your tractor. Things sure have turned around in 50 years we used to overhaul car motors at 75 to 100k and tractor engines at 2 to 3000 hrs because the rest of the car or tractor was still good. Today the body rusts off the car and the engine might still be going fine at 300k, and tractors today with 10 to 15000 hrs. without an overhaul aren't uncommon. Better bearing materials, closer tolerances, and much improved oils seem to keep things going fine for a long time, so I kind of hesitate to mess with something that is working fine. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login