Go Bottom

Diesel transfer pump for sale

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-21          62324

I bought a transfer pump so I could utilize some fuel I have stored in an underground tank for my tractors.

By the time I had second thoughts about the plan, the 30 day return window had expired.

If anyone can use the pump I can turn it loose for $100 plus shipping. It is brand new, still in the box. My loss, your gain.

Link:   12 volt fuel transfer pump.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-21          62345

The furnace died last year and the fuel has been sitting for almost two years.

On top of that the tank has been in the ground for 31 years and I am sure there is some serious $# !+ in the bottom. AND the thing holds over 500 gallons! I will NEVER use it all up before something goes bad.

I have acquired a 75 gallon above ground tank that will serve my purposes better I think and I can drain it by gravity (through a filter)into a 5 gallon jug for refueling the tractor. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-08-21          62360

Mark I do not think I'd be to concerned with trying to filter your fuel unless you are drawing from the low end of the tank. Your fuel transfer can is more likely to get contaninmated. If you service/change your tractor filter regular it is your best insurance for a good running engine.

A side thought and you may wanna start a new thread. But I'd be a whole lot more concerned with that undergroud tank and the liability issues associated with it. Years ago it was the thing to do bury the terrible looking things so the neighborhood associations were happy and you didn't drive down their property values. The poor bastards buying those properties now have a real headache getting rid of them with the EPA issues. Hopefully you never have a leak. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-21          62364

I have contacted the company that delivered the fuel. They will pump it out and dispose of it for 65 bucks.

Maybe I can quietly dig up the tank and get rid of it and pretend it was never there.

Good job for the new backhoe. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-08-21          62366

WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT HIT THAT EMPTY TANK WITH A TOURCH!!! Your neighbors will not have any windows left and Homeland security will visit you IF they can find you.

Digging it up and then hauling it away in the middle of the night is as good as it can get. Couple cases of beer and some "Good-ole-boys" but most of them don't keep secrets very well... ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-21          62369

Yup. Momma didn't raise no dummies. I have no intention on proving that Darwin was right. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-21          62401

Gee. If I had a torch, I wouldn't have to pay the guy down at the body shop to do my welding for me.

It still seems to me that a gas torch would be as handy as a wire feed, but since this ain't a bar fight or taking down a cop killer, I will listen to more experienced heads.

Guess maybe I should go to bed.

Maybe I could saw that puppy up with a sawsall. Naw. Sparks. As bad as a cutting torch. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-21          62403

Cut it up with a laser. What, you don't have one? You really need to work on properly equipping your tool shed. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-22          62410

I know how you hate to actually pay for your advertiseing but you might consider selling it in eBay. ....

View my Photos
lamarbur
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-22          62419

we just had eight old tanks removed. They uncovered them, then loaded each with dry ice for two hours, then removed each tank. The dry ice kills fumes and such or so we were told.. The state of CT EPA stood right there and watched each tank before, during and after. Yeaars ago, out west, they used old gas station tanks, opened each end, then layed them in wide swales for use as farmers getting into their fields. They make nice "bridging" if done right. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-22          62421

How do you suppose they opened those ends up ?? Dave ....

View my Photos
lamarbur

2003-08-22          62448

I was told or at least think I remember I was told, that they filled these old tanks with water, waited a day or two then torched the ends out. Remember, I am talking 74/75/75 years when I use to run computers out west. They probably can't use the tanks anymore for this purpose. ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-08-23          62504

Iambur,

I am looking for a CUSH DO NOTHING JOB like those State of CT EPA Guys got. Standing Around with their finger up their you know what watching a backhoe dig. It just makes me want to puke at the $$$$$ we waste on useless goverment people who they think they were sent by God to do uselss jobs like watch tanks being excavated. Totally worthless use of hard earned TAX DOLLARS. ....

View my Photos
lamarbur

2003-08-23          62508

this has been a timely, very costly and highly irratating thing to go through. Granted my in laws were three years late having tanks removed. Paid major big time fines just for this,, The tanks removed, two a day, not much in bad surrounding soils, however, every single dump truck laod that left the property, and CT-DOT w/EPA guy was right there. The fines and un-needed harrassment was unbelievable. The hauler, first load off property hit with ten grand in fines. He went to court, finally this past Thursday. The judge sais, this incident is all over Connecticut and is absolutely uncalled for. To settle it quickly, he asked the trkg co owner, his favorite charity. MS, said the guy as I lost my wife to MS. Good said the judge, send them 750.00 and prove it to me wwithin two weeks, case closed!! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login