Go Bottom

Auto bleed fuel system

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-15          76967

2 quick questions for the experts here?
1. Auto bleed fuel system? What is it and is it usually a standard item or an option?

2. Engine block heaters; My dealer has included it in my price , I know I do need it (northen Wisconsin) but was wondering what is this worth to have it installed from the dealer or if I would be better off putting it in after I get it? I done some seaching on this forum and it sounds like it is not a hard job but more of a PITA.
Thank you
Brokenarrow

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Auto bleed fuel system

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-15          76971

An auto-bleed fuel system allows you to run the fuel tank dry, refuel and restart the engine without priming the fuel system which requires cracking open fuel lines at the injectors, fuel filter, and line to injection pump to purge the air from the system. Many tractors do not have this feature. The John Deere 4000 Ten Series tractors have this feature but I am not sure about other brands & models. You should check and compare.

I would negotiate the block heater with the purchase of the tractor as you have done and let the dealer do it. It is not that difficult but can be a pain in the butt depending upon the model tractor. They have the special tools if needed and the past experience.

If you are buying a John Deere, they offer a transmission oil heater which I would recommend since you are so far north. The block heater and trans. oil heater will contribute greatly to the longevity of the tractor. ....

Auto bleed fuel system

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-15          76975

1. I wish I had an auto-bleed system, didn't know there was such a thing. Not a huge deal on my TC29 to bleed the lines, but can't avoid getting diesel all over my hands and the grass, have to get a wrench, etc.
2. The block heater for mine was only $25 or $30 from the parts department. They didn't get it in before delivery, so I installed it myself. Pretty easy job, took about 1/2 hour. It shouldn't take an experienced mechanic at the dealership long to install one.
Good luck,
Bill ....

Auto bleed fuel system

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-15          76979

Thanks guys
That dealer is the only one that had included both of those in the price of the tc40 along with filled tires. He is only $485 more than my best bid and this one includes shipping to my door and training. I just e-mailed him and asked if he could get alittle closer to the other dealers price cause I kinda like this guys attention he has giving me. I was trying to find out how much the extras were worth. I am 90% sure I will go with this dealer especially if he can get within 200 of the other guy. More than likely I will be signing papers on Sat. wish me luck! and thanks ....

Auto bleed fuel system

View my Photos
tk_csa

2004-02-19          77313

To me, autobleed is HUGE on a machine. My CAT dozer doesn't have it and WHAT a pain. You just simply DON'T run it out of fuel. You may also have to bleed when changing a fuel filter on a non-auto system. I'm not sure how standard it is throughout the industry but both my JD 4700 & 2210 have it. Block heaters are more than worth it and generally I'd let the dealer install. Some are a real pain to get to so when it leaks, it's the dealers problem. The price difference seems within reason, prob $~250 to load the tires, ~$100 for the block heater installed and ~$25-$50 to deliver the machine. If you've got a good dealer who gives you the attention you need and he's in the ballpark for price, I'd stick with him. It will save you $$$ in the long run. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login