Go Bottom

Cummins Customer Survey

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-14          61817

For those of you interested; Cummins is conducting a survey on pickup trucks. If you take the survey; they will send you a free Cummins cab plate for your Dodge Ram. In addition, your name will be entered in a drawing for a leather bomber style jacket with the Cummins and Dodge logos. The winner will be selected on December 1, 2003 and will be notified by email. Make sure to tell them you want to see exhaust brakes STANDARD on our pickup trucks, fix the lift pump, and the crankcase breather hose. ;-)

Link:   Link to Cummins Survey

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cummins Customer Survey

View my Photos
Jelliott
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-14          61819

Thanks for the heads-up on the Cummins survey, Chief. I'll pass on your recommendations regarding the exhaust brake, and lift pump. I surf the TDR fairly regularly (I'm RedRam1 on the TDR), and have read all the reports on lift pumps. Can't help but think this problem is exaggerated. Although my truck ('01.5 2500 4x4 ETH/DEE) is only at ~28K miles, I have several buddys with 98.5 & up CTDs with over 100K, one guy just turned 200K with no lift pump failures. I know that sometimes these trucks will continue to run almost normally with a weak or dead lift pumps, which it hard on the VP44 injection pump, but really doubt that my acquaintences with high mileage CTDs are running with dead pumps. The guy with 200K just returned to GA after hauling a bunch of horses to Montana. ....

Cummins Customer Survey

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-14          61829

So far my lift pump is A OK. I put my Briar Hooper fuel pressure gauge on it at oil changes and periodically in between. My big beef with the lift pump and I suppose it is also the fuel delivery system is the dadgum busted fuel filter. It is not possible to change the fuel filter without pouring in fuel to fill the filter canister back up. (I don't like this as the risk of pouring contamination in unfiltered even if you prefilter the fuel). The lift pump and fuel system should be able to self prime the system. It should be a matter of drain the fuel out of the dump valve, pull the filter canister top, replace the filter, replace the top, and bump the starter or the lift pump to cycle, ONE time. Anyway, I can change the filter and get it to start without purging the injectors now anyway, but it should not be like that. Still REAL happy with my truck though. ....

Cummins Customer Survey

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-03          65389

Just a reminder for anyone who may be interested. The custormer survey opportunity ends 30 Novemeber. Cummins will send you a nice Cummins cab plate (as seen on class 8 big rigs) for completing the survey. Will look pretty cool in your Dodge pickup. ....

Cummins Customer Survey

View my Photos
Peters

2003-10-03          65491

I posted something to this a long time ago but I guess it never posted. It is a good survey.
Just remember I take a large Chief. ....

Cummins Customer Survey

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-03          65493

I'm a 2XLT myself. I am curious to see what the cab plate looks like. ....

Cummins Customer Survey

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-05          70334

I got my Cummins cab display plate in the mail yesterday. Looks REAALLY kewl! It is about a 6" x 2" plate that say Cummins Powered. Now I just have to find a nice spot for it inside my truck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login