Go Bottom

AC5ZO You Are Gonna LOVE This

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73634

Mike, I figured you all all people would love this Jeep. A REAL Jeep! I'm drooling all over it myself.

Link:   Jeep Rescue

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73670

That is quite a jeep car. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-11          73747

I think it would be hard to find anyone that wouldn't like one! Should be able to pull stumps well! ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2004-01-12          73774

I was away from email over the weekend. That is quite a vehicle. I will be interested in seeing how it looks when it goes into production. It looks to me to be a direct competitor to the H2 and LandRover.

I took the H2 in for an oil change last week. When the cashier hsnded my keys back to me when I paid my bill, she said, "You have a Hummer and a Jeep! I don't imagine that you are going to get stuck!" ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74161

chief my fire department would take that and tear it into two. Check out our brush truck. 1968 1 1/4 ton jeep. 250gpm pump, 300 gallon tank. see picture 8. Its not a parade piece. We have members take it completely off the ground. Its got a 350chevy small block in it. It will do at least 120mph. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-16          74163

Green, I'll just say that is HIGHLY unlikely. ;o) ....

Link:   click here

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74166

Lets see my department has total an ambulance(deer),rolled an engine(almost killed the entire crew), total a very rare CF Mack by hitting a tree(scared the driver so badly,he quit, almost killed the cheif, four more injured two when jumpimg off, two when hitting the front of the jump seats), crushing the cab back 2 feet, Serious damage to an engine when it slide off the road, taking out a telephone pole. Thats why we have a strick seatbelt rule in our firehouse. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-16          74167

Anything exposed to extreme abuse and deliberate misuse will fail. Sounds to me like your fire department would be able to cure those problems with some "personnel changes" and a new fire chief who will enforce professional standards of operations and conduct. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-16          74168

Sounds like there are too many pickups with green lights on the dash in your town there Green.

It's doesn't sound like any of those 'accidents' were related to Fire work, they were caused by the same thing I've been on about for years now, a 'loose nut' behind the wheel.......

A local contractor here has three boys, they all drive tri-axle dumps, same make, model and year. One of the boys has such a bad driving record several insurers refused to write a policy and he has written off 3 trucks and has wrecked a half a dozen times more on top, the latest being last night.

4X4's are the most notorious, but only beciuse there are more of them, but big trucks also, peopl driving them don't undestand the physics involved.

$ wheel drive or 30 tons of gravel will get you rolling MUCH faster than you're able to stop or steer that weight.

Last night's accident was just such a case, a car stopped to allow oncoming traffic to clear so they could make a left into their driveway. The dump truck driver was going too fast and when he tried to stop he realized, too late, that the road was covered in black ice, he rear-ended a full-sized van so hard it's rear axle broke free and went to the right, the van went to the left and into the ditch. Miraculously nobody was killed, only two people with minor injuries.

Bottom line, just like I tell my employees, "Drive according to the weather not the clock.".

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74169

By the way this happened over a 30 years. We when though a couple of cheifs. None were on purpose. We seem to have a problem with ice or snow. Each time were wrecked an engine it was icy or snowing while going to a fire. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74171

murf blue or green lights are illegal in maryland. Only chiefs are allowed to have a red light. I don't know of any members wrecking their cars on the way to the fire house. Two of the drivers who wreck engines were paid firefighters. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-16          74173

Green, is this the Mt. Airy Fire Dept. you are talking about? I have a cousin who lives in Mt. Airy who I believe works for or is a volunteer fire fighter there. I am not sure if he is still doing that though. Next time I see him, I will have to razz him a little about it. ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2004-01-16          74182

I am sure that with the right motivation and attitude that someone could break an anvil. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74192

ac5zo i have snapped the jaw of a vice. I will have to try an anvil. Anything is possible.
chief yes who is your cousin? ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-16          74193

Green, I don't want to bust anybody out on the internet with their full name I am sure you can understand. My cousin's first name is Michael. Ring any bells? Last name starts with a G. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74197

The only mike i know is our captain. His last name starts with a P. I check our company phone book. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-16          74199

Mike is big into the bass fishing tournament thing nowadays and he may not be doing the fire dept. work any longer. You may know one of his other two brothers. One runs a Pest Control Company and the other is a custom home builder. ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2004-01-16          74204

We had a motto that was on our Baja racing equipment, tool boxes, and so forth. "You have to first finish before you can finish first!"

This is the type of attitude that will allow you and your equipment to come home safely. We finished every Baja 500 and Baja 1000 race that we ever started. We had some equipment damage and injuries, but nothing that ever put us out of the race.

That same thing applies to Emergency or Search and Rescue activities that I get involved with now. It does nobody any good to have a rescue vehicle stranded or broken in the boonies. It does not serve the victims of a fire well to have the rescue vehicle DNF (Did not finish.) All the excuses in the world do not matter. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74215

chief he used to be a paid parmedic until he got glass in his eye at a wreak. A couple of people remembered him. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login