Go Bottom

Farmall H Before Pics

View my Photos
shinefeak
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-25          106818

See pic 17,18,19. Hope to be able have some pictures with progress in the upcoming months.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Farmall H Before Pics

View my Photos
dklopfenstein
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-25          106819

The new tractors are very nice but growing-up on a farm in the midwest, you just have to love the classic sheet metal. (Every farm has them.) First tractor I ever drove was my grandpa's 1956 John Deere 50 with the old hand clutch...wasn't tall enough yet to reach a foot clutch anyways. Great memories of pulling gravity wagons, hay wagons, and fertilizer wagons, using the sickle-bar mower, and the hay rake. My uncle now has it and has restored it...won't sell it...I have asked. What was some of the rest of your first tractors? ....

Farmall H Before Pics

View my Photos
scout180

2005-02-26          106829

1946 Farmall M...still own it. Also had a big Case LA w/5-16s plow and towed packer. Later bought an Oliver 55 with a loader. The M pulled 3-16s after engine mod and adding 2-way hydraulics. 7-ft sickle mower, Brillion stalk shredder, old Massey disk, a 4-row cultivator, JD grain drill, JD 12-A combine with Continental 2 cyl engine/6-foot table and reel, and JD 4-row planter. I'm age 58 and recall those days like yesterday....long gone! ....

Farmall H Before Pics

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-26          106832

That tractor is in very nice condition. several things jump out: It has the correct wide front on it the grill cover is in place.

First tractor I ever drove was a H thru the fields in 1st gear steering near the bales so the big boys and men could throw them on the wagon. Only 8 or 9 at the time. Could just barely get the clutch and brakes down at the same time.

I have a 1944 M I putter with on Sunday afternoons. It does earn its keep doing the grunt work around here.

Have fun with the H ....

Farmall H Before Pics

View my Photos
BigBob

2005-02-26          106835

Thats a great old machine. Is it rare because of the wide front end? ....

Farmall H Before Pics

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-02-26          106838

BigBob; The old style wide fronts like on shinefeaks "H" with the tie rods out front are getting hard to find that aren't worn out or welded up, so yes a real nice all original one is geting kind of rare. Frank. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login