Go Bottom

Antique tractor resto progress

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-17          55046

I just wanted to share my progress with the board. I've got my '47 Farmall A back together enough to drive it. I still have some cosmetic work to do, but driving around the field today was still a lot of fun. Two different links are attached.
Bill

Link:   Farmall A Project

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-18          55063

Morning Bill You have a good looking project. I've always liked the old Farmalls. I'd like an old JD "G" but those are a little out of my reach. I have a 1944 "M". I use it around here for grunt work skidding logs etc. The compact is handier to have and use but just does not have the weight to make things happen.

Old red is good... Harvey ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2003-05-18          55084

Harvey,
I noticed a while back in your profile you have an M. Good machines, I think. I find it interesting to keep track of who has or has had older tractors and now has compacts.

I'm hoping to have a Super C in the next year or two. Will try to get a belly mower set up for the A and use my NH compact for backhoe and boxblade work only. The SC for working the garden.
Bill ....

View my Photos
BRob
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-19          55106

Bill... looks awesome!! I hope to have my '48 Farmall B looking that RED someday!! Right now it's rust covered, but running. Maybe I could pick your brain for advice someday... when I begin that project. Brian. ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2003-05-19          55107

Brian,
I don't know much, but...I do know that I'll do the next one a different way. This one, I disassembled, cleaned, stripped, primed and painted, then reassembled. If I ever do another one, I'll pretty much leave it all together and paint it. I think that is how the factory did it anyway.

Good luck on your B.

Thanks,
Bill ....

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-19          55114

A guy up the highway is selling a '51 Case Model S for 3,200$CDN. I guess that might make a good project for somebody. It is located about 3 hours drive west of Ottawa, Canada. Far as I know the tractor works just fine as it stands.

A pic is in the link below. Anybody who is interested can click on the e-mail link that's with the pic. The link goes to a mail script I used on my wife's site. I'll pass contact info for anybody who's interested along to the owner.

I used the mail script here because it avoids the need of anybody posting their e-mail address on a public forum. The script does not guarantee security of any personal information sent, nor does any other conventional e-mail program as far as I know. The browser back-button gets you out of the script.

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top

Share This

Member Login