Go Bottom

Super A Farmall Value

View my Photos
chipuren
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-26          77992

Looking at a trade in for SUper A farmall with belly mower
runs OK, leaks oil, gas from carb, hydraulic lift works but leaks. tires fair, wheel weights.

Any Idea what is a fair retail. light surface rust, but still showing paint with decals, converted to 12V with alt.

Thanks
Chip

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Super A Farmall Value

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2004-02-26          78030

Super A's are selling at auctions here in Western Wis for $2000 to 3500, depending on condition and completeness. I passed on a beauty that had straight metal and all components (lights, caps, crank, battery box and cover, etc) went for $3000 in March 03.
Value depends on the mower (Woods?), the general condition of the tractor, etc. Forget the tires and the paint, unless they are signs that the tractor has seen serious wear/tear.
I have one that has heavy duty front axle, deluxe seat, cultivators, front snow plow, good metal, and I wouldn't sell it for $5000.
jim ....

Super A Farmall Value

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-26          78037

I see Super A's frequently with asking prices in the $1200-$1500 range. Advertised as mostly complete and running. I can't imagine even a show quality Super A or 100 getting up to $3000 around here.
I wouldn't sell my plain A at all. Family tractor.

Good luck,
Bill ....

Super A Farmall Value

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-02-27          78064

I sold a Super A a couple years ago, If my memory serves me right I think for 1,200.00 it was in pretty good shape mechanicly, but the tin was rough and incomplete. I've dabbled a bit in old Farmalls, and still have kind of a "herd", some parade ready, some rust buckets. To a true collector the tinwork being straight, original and complete is more important than mechanical condition, tires mean nothing he'll put new ones on anyway. For someone who wants to mow with it the oil leaks, etc. are of greater concern. There are several auction sites on the net, I'd list it there and let the fattest wallet win. Frank. ....

Super A Farmall Value

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-27          78067

The 2000 Used Tractor Price Guide shows $920-$2260 for a 1952 Super A.
Bill ....

Super A Farmall Value

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-02-27          78096

Thanks to all, seems there is more interest in these than I suspected, thought it might be hard to move without a 3pt hitch. I'll make my offer and see what happens!

Go Top

Share This

Member Login