Go Bottom

254 Farmall International

View my Photos
paulss
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-11          82786

I ran across a 1983 model International 245 4wd with 400 hours on it. It appears to be in very good condition with faded paint and straight sheetmetal and a strong sounding engine. They are asking $5900 for it. Looking in MachineryLink it appears the price may be a little high but maybe not considering the hours. It also says the engine is made by Mitsubishi and is 21 HP. My questions are: 1) Can it pull a 5ft. rotary cutter or would 4ft. be better 2)Is the 21hp engine or PTO 3)Does anyone know anything good or bad about this model and 5)Does the price sound fair?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-12          82814

Tractortips doesn't list a 245 but they don't necessarily list all models. They do list a 244 at 21 engine hp. If it's the same engine that would put the pto hp down around maybe 18 hp. A 4' pto cutter would be a better choice for that size tractor especially if the rear tires track 4' or less and I still wouldn't expect it to whack 2" saplings very well.

I'm not sure which dealers might support the tractor now. Perhaps NH through the original Case/IH merger but it might be good to find if there is dealer support in your area. ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-12          82877

you would hav to find a case ih dealer though they are the same company now a nh dealer is a nh dealer and a case ih dealer is a case ih dealer. luckly we sell both. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login