Go Bottom

IH loader

View my Photos
Derek_A
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-04          99821

I have a IH loader that went on a H or M. I have the brakets for it , but no cylinders. It is a pull latch type that u have to lower to latch it back, after dumping. I was wondering how much it would be worth when i sell it. Thanks, Derek Rochester, IN

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

IH loader

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-04          99825

To my knowledge there were 3 different kinds of loaders available to those series of tractors. They were all painted red but don't know if they were original. One type looked like loaders of today but had a handle and trip rod going to the front for tripping the bucket. A big spring returned the bucket to locked position. These were used on wide front tractors. For narrow front ends, the loader beams were more or less straight and had some brackets and cables making is look kinda like a suspension bridge. The third style had only one beam.

Unless you find someone that is a collector, you will have trouble getting much for either design. If you find someone that has a tractor and is looking to push snow with a narrow front end the second style is best. The first style with wide front end tractor is the most practical for general FEL work. Don't have much use for the third style and wonder why would someone do this! Chances are, the cylinders are worth as much as the frame. If you have everything except the cylinders and the bucket is in good shape such that a collector can refurbish it to like new you may be able to get $300.00 to $500.00 depending upon condition and the person looking at it. If it is not in such good shape you may only get $100.00 to $300.00 for it. H and M tractors in running condition with decent tires but not restored are getting about $1,000.00 to $1,900.00 without loaders. Complete with loaders they are getting $1,500.00 to $2,500.00 in my area. I recently saw a nicely restored M with loader and good tires for $3,500.00 but it has been in a trader paper for a long time.

A friend of mine has an "H" with narrow front end with a loader like I mentioned as style 2. If yours is like this and need any additional data or measurements, etc., I'd be happy to try to help you out.

Your best bet is to find a collector that desperately wants a loader otherwise your not going to get much for it. If you go to your local IH dealer he may be able to get you in touch with some collectors. ....

IH loader

View my Photos
Derek_A

2004-11-04          99828

hey, how do i read the rest of your message. It stops afer For narrow front ends, the load...????? what do i do so i can read the rest of it? ....

IH loader

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-04          99829

Unregistered people can only read 200 characters and registered members can read 400 characters. Premium members can read the entire message. ....

IH loader

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-11-04          99830

Sorry, I got kinda long winded in my response since I didn't know what style you have. ....

IH loader

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-11-04          99831

I can send a private message if you like that shows everything. ....

IH loader

View my Photos
Derek_A

2004-11-04          99832

Thanks for all the help yooperpete. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login