Go Bottom

Farmtek

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-26          131401

Did anyone else get a Farmtek catalog in the mail? It looks a little like a Northern Tool publication, but has different things in it. It has some items I have not seen in a Southern or TSC stores.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Farmtek

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-27          131423

Yes. I have been getting it for a couple of years. Don't think I have ordered anything from them yet.

Got a new catalog last month....Agri Supply..... ordered a new PTO water pump yesterday. (www.agri-supply.com)

It looks like it will be a bit easier to hook up under stress compared to the one I have now.

Sat in the driveway last night and watched lightning strikes all around the area. We have two fires burning less than two miles away and another dozen fires in the area.

When the flames get to a grove of juniper trees you can see sheets of fire shooting a couple hundred feet into the air.

Meanwhile the tractor is rigged to fight lightning strike fires and I have 500 gallons of water standing by.....

Farmtek

View my Photos
Peters

2006-06-27          131424

I saw on one program that they are taking SAP (super absorbant polymers) and mixing into a foam they can spread on buildings. The SAP holds the water and you can basicly apply a blow torch to one side and the heat is not transfered. It is effective for a couple of days. They used it in CA to save some houses. ....

Farmtek

View my Photos
Murf

2006-06-27          131427

I often wondered if those IR sensors they sell for burglar alarms could be used in a tower mount setup to detect the heat of a fire nearby at night?

Might allow for a little lead time, and at least a few hours of shut-eye.

My thoughts are with you & your good wife Mark, and everybody else on the left coast dealing with that stuff.

Too bad we couldn't average out the wet on the right coast with the dry on the left coast.......

Best of luck.

Farmtek

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-06-27          131429

Yup, go figure. Floods on one end and fire on the other.

The fire I can see burned 6000 acres overnight. Fortunately I have a major highway and a river between me and that fire.

But.........More DRY T-Storms are forecast for this afternoon. ....

Farmtek

View my Photos
Peters

2006-06-27          131431

It has been dry here also. We just got some rain last week after about a month with out and temperature pushing near 100 F. ....

Farmtek

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-06-27          131434

You wouldn't think of Iowa as dry, but we have had drought conditions for awhile. We finally got some much needed rain. Hadn't had any in close to 2 months.

We had brush fires last year it was so bad. When those midwest fields get burning, it's hard to stop them.

I remember the forst fires when I lived in Northern Idaho. When they get started and the wind whips up, it's just a fire storm. I remember them evacutating one town (Idaho or eastern Washington) in a mountain valley. the winds whipped up and got concentrated by the mountains. The fire roared through there fed by 60+ mph winds. Nothing left. Complete firestorm.

I feel for you. Beautiful area to live, but when it's dry, Yikes! Sounds like you are better prepared than most. I hope you don't need your preparations. ....

Farmtek

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-06-27          131435

DR,

I have used Agri Supply for a few years and they do a very good job or have for me especially in standing behind their products.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login