Go Bottom

Moving update

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-21          137257

Sorry I haven't been on lately. Things in my life are a tad messy. My house in Iowa sold in 2 days for my asking price. I am working in WI while driving back on the weekends. Yeah. We don't have a house yet in WI because we don't know where my wife will be working. She had three interviews all set up. Then her grandmother passed away. So that shoved the interviews back, one back about 2.5 weeks (tomorrow). point is one job prospect is way west than Milwaukee so it would push us much further out. Not a bad thing but would make a bad drive for the other job prospect. So we are on hold for finding a house.

So we get back from the funeral then it's off to Mexico for a week for her best friend's wedding. Mexico was great, but the timing is just horrible. All inclusive place so beverages were no extra charge and they took good care of you.

So we are supposed to close on the house next week. Movers are taking everything next week. So I'll be homeless, or rather living with my mother. I really am missing not having a house. Really missing my house.

Any suggestions on trailering my tractor? I have a 20 ft beavertail trailer (new) and my F250 diesel with a new electric brake controller I installed. I have 4 of the ratcheting straps rated at 10,000 lbs break strength (we used these for strapping down race cars). I'll leave the tiller attached to the 3pt and strap the box blade and straight blade to the trailer. Should I be ok? Need I worry about something?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Moving update

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-21          137259

Your all set for a good trip. Make sure that you have a good V hook up to the front and the rear and you should have enough room to space it out for a good ride. ....

Moving update

View my Photos
Murf

2006-11-22          137268

Sounds like Art's right, you're all set.

The only point I might suggest is to put the tiller, and or RB, which are lighter, in the box of your truck using your FEL, then trailer the CUT with the box blade, which is heavier, on the CUT's 3pth. The trailer will carry weight a *bunch* easier than the truck. We often move CUT's with a smaller item, like a tiller, *in* the bucket of the FEL. It naturally forms a steel crate of sorts and is easy to secure, it also doesn't take much space.

Most of all, don't be afraid to make an extra trip, we'd all rather you waste a day on a second trip, than that you had even a small accident, or overloading caused damaged to something.

Stay safe, stay happy, life's too short to sweat the small stuff!!!

Best of luck. ....

Moving update

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-11-22          137282

Thanks guys. It's good to have a little verification on the thought process. I am trying to do all in one shot since I basically have only this weekend to move the goods the movers won't take. It's a 6 hour haul each way without a trailer. So I only have 4 days to do it meaning no turkey dinner for me this thanksgiving. I'll be loading up while the wife and kid stay in Wisconsin.

I'll be glad when this is all over. ....

Moving update

View my Photos
Murf

2006-11-22          137285

Haven't you got a buddy in the area of your 'old' house that will let you leave some stuff in his yard till you can get it at a more liesurely (and maybe safer?) pace?

Wouldn't want to see you being a turkey, trying to over-do it, instead of enjoying some for dinner!!

Best of luck. ....

Moving update

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-11-23          137304

So far so good. I had Turkey hot dogs for lunch!

I got one ATV into the bed of the truck and I did a test fit of the tractor on the trailer. So far so good. I have to fold back the safety flap on the MMM though to get the tractor to fit between the wheel wells on the trailer. Next up is installing the box blade on the 3pt and seeing to the rest of the attachments.

I'm on lunch break right now. ....

Moving update

View my Photos
Art White

2006-11-23          137308

I think you need more straps!! Is it 20 foot of flat then the beaver or does the 20 foot inlude the beaver? ....

Moving update

View my Photos
steve4300
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-11-24          137314

I don't know about your area but here we are required to have 5 . 4 on the tractor 1 on the bucket, if you have a backhoe make that 6. Good luck on your new move, Hopefully it a move up and may your new house have plenty of land to weare your tractor out. ....

Moving update

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-11-26          137344

The trailer had an ATV, the 6ft straight blade, the 60" tiller in the loader bucket and the box blade on the tractor. All fit and all made it ok. I lost lots of time since the brand new trailer didn't have enough grease in the wheel bearings. So one axle was running blazing hot. I found this out after my first stop after 80 miles.

I must have pumped over one tube of grease (I used 3 guns, 2 borrowed and I finally bought 1) into the 4 bearings. It finally cooled down. But I lost gobs of time. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login