Go Bottom

Tractor Safety

View my Photos
randywatson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-30          145234

Shut em off before dismounting, a man in town died this week as a result of climbing off an idling tractor with the bush hog running.

Looks like he slipped as dismounting, knocked tractor into gear, foot came down under wheel, pinning him down till the bush hog got him.

Being careful is easier and only takes a little extra effort than dying that way....:-(

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tractor Safety

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-04          145360

I can think of a lot of times getting off tractors and having a pant leg grab a lever and engage a function of the tractor. From hydralics to gears, as well as shut off engines and broken keys! Some times nearly flat on my face!
Many of the new tractor designs take these kind of accidents in to consideration and make exiting and access easier with less operational levers exposed.

I can only imagine how this one happened. ....

Tractor Safety

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-05          145379

One of the very first things I drill into new employees is that you must NEVER be in a rush getting on or off a machine, running or not!!

The only safe way to dismount a running machine is to stand, move to the far left, and then turn and step down, never jump.

By doing it this way you are a) sure that nothing got moved during the move to the left, and b) that you are facing all the controls as you dismount.

Finally, an idling tractor should always stall under the load of the parking brake properly set.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login