Go Bottom

Farmall 140 and also decal information on John Deeres

View my Photos
Hillbilly
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-09-29          20177

Hello tractor buddies,I thought maybe some of you would share some of your wisdom with me,I am looking at a 140 Farmall,that has original paint,good rubber on the back,wheel weights,discs cutter bar,plow and backblade.It runs good doesnt look too bad,would it be worth $2200? I learned to drive and was raised on one and I was thinking about buying to restore for memories sake.Also I am looking for a supplier of John Deere decals(or stencils),the older style emblems, to do some decorative work around the homestead on some painting projects I have been doing with some JD green and yellow.Any info would be appreciated.Thanks in advanceHillbilly

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
David Paul

2000-09-30          20191

You better jump on the 140 deal with both feet. I have seen $5,000 offered and turned down twice on several one owner 140's in similar condition to what you describe. I have several customers looking for a tractor like that right now. If you are not interested let me know where it is, we might be. By the way we are a Case /IH dealer. ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-09-30          20196

Hope you get the 140. The price is good. Old JD decals and parts of every description are a booming industry. Check out Green Magazine. I think that their site is GreenMagazineOnline.com ....

View my Photos
Hillbilly

2000-10-04          20303

What year did the 140 series start being referred to as International instead of Farmalls?Also where could I find a front blade for one of these?The one we had when I was a boy we had a lot of steering problems,a 1/2 moon key would perodicaly break,I have read that other individuals have problems with the steering,I wonder if this is the same problem?I hope this discussion is not getting away from what this compact tractor board was originally intended for,or would the 140 Farmall/International fall under a compact tractor?

Every one take care!!
Hillbilly ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login