Go Bottom

Long 2510 Hydraulic lift

View my Photos
Herbert Horton
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-11-29          21944

I have a long 2510 and the hyd. lift will not go up. The remote lines still work, if anyone knows what the problem is it. I would greatly appreciate some insight.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Long 2510 Hydraulic lift

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-12-02          22057

If I understand, the 3ph doesn't work but the loader does, or some setup like that. I have basic open centre hydraulics, and the loader control valves are plumbed ahead of the 3ph. In this type of setup, the 3ph doesn't work when any of the loader control valves are operated. Sometimes it doesn't take much to keep the 3ph from lifting, at idle anyway. I've had situations where the 3ph wouldn't lift until I sat the loader bucket down and jiggled the valve levers. That's the simple 'no repair needed' explanation. Hope that's the one, but there are also plenty of 'broken part' explanations as well. I should note that my hydraulic oddities (valve jiggling wasn't the only one) occurred near a scheduled hydraulic oil/filter change. I bought the tractor used and decided to assume the previous owner changed the oil on schedule, and I could wait until the next scheduled change. However, I didn't really know how long the original oil had been used. I haven't noticed these oddities since changing the oil, which is a really good idea if there's any doubt about the oil and filter. I found a piece of rubber boot in the drain pan, and think it probably came out of the sump. Guess I'm lucky it didn't end up in the filter or obstructing the suction line. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login