Go Bottom

Kory 5 ton unning gears

View my Photos
gws
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-25          27207

I have been looking at building a wagon and found a kory 5 ton package. Front and rear assemblies, tongue, adjustable connecting pole and rims. Found a package for around $500. Anyone know of a better deal?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kory 5 ton unning gears

View my Photos
Bernie Galgoci
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-25          27227

gws. Kory 8 ton and 10 ton running gears without wheels, the only sizes they stock, go for $610 and $740, respectively, at the local Farm & Fleet. Figure wheels all around will cost another $100. My first guess is that 5 ton gear with wheels for $500 is in line with the above prices for new running gear. I have six wagons with gear in the 6 to 10 ton range that I use in my business (plant nursery). I paid between $125 and $400 for them at local farm auctions, and that's already with either wooden decks or hay racks and (obviously) wheels and tires. Around here (SW Wisconsin) you can get a very very good set of used running gear with good tires all around and a good deck for $350. (I'm always amazed that they sell so cheaply, considering that if you started to build a 10 ton wagon new from scratch, you could easily spend $1200 before you were done.) However, if there are no or few farm sales in your area and you need a wagon immediatly, you're forced to build it yourself. And the costs of even a small wagon add up quickly. Best of luck. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login