Go Bottom

Need Help On Tractor Selection

View my Photos
JTE
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-12-18          46263

O.K. I need some help from the tractor guru's. I have aprox. 35 acres of which to bush hog or plant. I'm looking at planting food plots on about 15-20 acres, the rest just bush hogging. The only elevation changes would be minor trail work in the woods. Knowing very little about tractors, I would like to see your suggestions as to what you would consider? Outside of the big three or four, would you consider some of the foreign brands? Just curious..

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2002-12-18          46269

The big three are for the most part foreign made in part or in whole...but I know what you are asking. For similar quality take a look at the product coming out of South Korea. We sell Branson, but the new DK Kioti and the Century and Korean made Mahindra's are all worth investigating. The big 3 have established dealer networks and better parts distrubution systems. I'd suggest 35-40HP and 4wd. Dave ....

View my Photos
danfay

2002-12-19          46316

While I'm not in the Guru class, I've been playing around for a bit. If you check around the internet there are forum boards for Chineese tractor owners. I watched and read when I was thinking of parting with my Ford. Seems most are happy with them, but I did detect frustration regarding parts. I also looked into ther Kioti tractors for the prices are great, but have read their reliability is below average. And last, I have heard good things regarding the Mahindra. They originate in India with a plant in TX. They have many similarities to the older IH tractors which were work horses. I'm not promoting or bashing any brands. But one thing you will want to do is choose a manufacture where a parts dealer is in your area (within reason). It's very frustrating knowing there's work to do while looking at a broken machine! ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-19          46317

John Deere 4310 or 4410 with ehydro if you want all the bells and whistles or go with the John Deere 990 if you want a straight forward simple manual gear shift tractor. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2002-12-19          46324

danfay,
I'm curious where your reading Kioti reliability is below average ?
Everything I have been reading appears to be the exact opposite ! ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-20          46337

JTE, Find the size brush hog you want and start looking at tractors with that minimum horsepower requirement. A 60 inch cutter and requires a minimum of 18 PTO horsepower. From what I have been told, more is better. ....

View my Photos
wdbg1046

2002-12-20          46342

Century and Branson (one of the top tractors in Europe) are both made by Kukje Manufacturing in South Korea. I have a Century 3035 4/wd and it is really an amazing machine. Check out the weight of these Bears, almost 4000pounds and more power than you need. Kukje manufacturing has a reputation and awards for "0" defects. You have to try one. I've owned Fords.International,Kubota and they can't beat a Century. ....

View my Photos
danfay

2002-12-20          46366

Wolbert. I was as shocked as you when I saw it. I'll go through my pages and see if I can locate the web page.I have so many book marked at this point, it may take a bit, but the entire web site involved compact tractor / garden tractor reviews. I'll let you know what I find. One last note, as I said earlier I don't promote or bash any brand. Personaly, I like my Old Ford. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login