Go Bottom

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
Misenplace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-29          55901

Are there any hobby farmers on the forum ? If so where are you located and what do you Raise/farm/sell ?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
slowrev
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-29          55914

I believe there are plenty of them. Of course that depends on your definition of "Hobby Farmer"

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
Misenplace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-29          55916

LOL, ya I suppose hobby could be subject to interpretation, I would like to hear from any forum members that are raiseing or growing products for sale especially e-sales, IE , nuts, popcorn, apples, beef etc ....

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-01          56197

I basicly lease out my tobbaco allotment and cut firewood. I may get a few cows and horses later on. My daughter is in love with horses. I have to fence it off first. ....

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
depmtr

2003-06-20          58061

I raise pecans. Would like to sell enough to off set the cost of raising them. ....

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-20          58065

Do you have a web site ? Nothing like a slice of Pecan pie and a Cup of Java from the Cafe Du Mond. Preceeded by oysters and bead craveing top lifters....Man I miss New Orleans. ....

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
Peters

2003-06-21          58075

My wife has about 50 laying hens. I am in the same boat as depmtr. At lease we are subsidizing protein to peoples diet.

I also have horses but like dogs you need to show them to make real money on your investment.

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
BillMullens

2003-06-21          58091

I'm growing pumpkins this year. Or trying. At this point, they look like lilly pads floating in the garden.
Bill ....

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
Redman

2003-07-07          59050

I guess I qualify as a hobby farmer. I have a nice job with the university and my wife runs a horse farm on our 78 acres. The farm operation has a goal of making money, but it is subsidized by the regular job. I get to mow the pasture and other fun with my boys toys.

Redman ....

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
lakeman

2003-07-10          59286

Where do you raise pecans and what do you sell them for? The company I work for purchases Pecans. ....

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-10          59299

Bill, I think pumpkins are a real smart move. Fast growing, easy, Good demand and price. Pumpkin farming has REALLY taken off here in the last few years, besides, you get to have fun trying to grow one of those monsters, or stenceling them as they grow. I have substantial cedar stands on my property but I do not anticipate harvesting for another 20 years when I retire, or when I'm 60, lol. Then I'll be ready to sell the land. Untill then that section is a wildlife sanctuary. The top 60 Is hardwoods for playing. ....

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
depmtr

2003-07-11          59334

I'm in Pensacola, fl. Have not sold any yet. Gave them all away last year, although i need to sell some of this years crop.

Thanks, John ....

hobby Farmers

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-11          59338

I thought everyone in your neck of the woods was involved with oysters ! I lived in florida for most of the 80's. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login