Go Bottom

How many show a profit on their Schedule F

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-01          56171

When filing their income tax return. I always seem to come up with more dedection and depreciation than income. I have been told by others that eventually the IRS expects you to show a profit and not just show a loss every year? Anymore it seems like you are lucky just to break even? Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-01          56182

You have up to 5 years to claim total loss. then i think they start looking a little closer. As long as you are making some sort of income I don't think there is a lot they can do. ....

View my Photos
plots1

2003-06-01          56183

Are you selling tobacco? ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-01          56186

Right now I am leasing the tobacco allotment out. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-02          56229

Chief, according to my advisors Plots is right as a general answer but if you have your proofs for loss this should not interefere with your CPA getting your schedules done accureately. They real key is to use a VERY reliable firm if you are going to post losses for a number of consecutive years as that at least in theory slows audits. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login