Go Bottom

Ford 2000 mexican carburetor diagrams

View my Photos
Buzzard67
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-09-12          180328

I'm looking for some diagrams of the stupid after-market carburetor that's on my '63 Ford 2000 tractor. On a regular basis, it gums up. I think there must be a diaphragm or something inside it, because in the float bowl there is no float on the new carb, and the old carb (which rusted out) had a float.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-09-12          180329

Is there a manufacturers name and/or model number on it anywhere?

Oh, and welcome to the group!

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Buzzard67

2011-09-12          180330

I couldn't find any markings on it except for a "3".
I've uploaded a picture of it. If need be, I can
probably get a pic of it with the camera pointing
into the air intake of the carb. ....

Picture Link

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-09-12          180331

Boy that looks like the carb on my wife's family 1961 Ford 601. That carb a problem to keep in adjustment or clean not sure which now. It was not used real often. It did have a float in it. Would say with today's gas it needs to keep a good cleaner run though the carb often. ....

View my Photos
Buzzard67

2011-09-18          180432

I've since found out (from an online diagram) that it probably does have a float in it, inside the cast-iron case. (I had thought the float would be in the glass bowl).

For cleaning, would removing that big bolt from the bottom allow access for spraying some sort of cleaner in it?

View my Photos
Murf

2011-09-19          180437

That big bolt is just a drain to let the fuel out of the bowl.

We had one with that carb too, if I recall correctly when it was parked for more than a day or two the fuel was shut off, that bolt removed to drain the bowl, and the engine run till it had vacuumed the carb dry. That leaves no gas in the carb to gel or varnish it up.

As for yours, the problem is likely that the fine passages that get adjusted by each of those spring-loaded screws is partly if not completely clogged shut.

You would need to strip the carb down and clean it thoroughly including all those little passages.

If you can get it to run at all it's possible that if you loaded up the fuel with carb cleaner you could make some progress, but I'd be skeptical myself.

If you do take it off, be sure to either record the settings of each of those screws or have a shop manual handy that tells you how to set it back up.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-09-19          180442

Totally agree with Murf's recommendations there. If it will run at all would really try good carb cleaner at strong strength first. We did not take the steps he told it was always an issue. It would be allowed to sit for weeks on and at the time and taking the steps Murf outlined would have been wise. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2011-09-19          180443

The other issue that's really a PITA with a lot of things that used very often is the 'modern' gasoline we have today.

Ethanol, like any alcohol, really likes water, so it tends to absorb it quite readily. It also causes the gas to go 'stale' very quickly.

In most areas premium (high octane) fuel still isn't Ethanol blended so if possible spend the few bucks extra and avoid the problems.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login