Go Bottom

shibaura 2640D 4 whl drive

View my Photos
beautscape
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-26          67163

I have been told this is a tractor built for Ford. I cannot find any info on the web. I just bought the tractor and I like it. Nice equipment. I am trying to find manuals. It was exported to the US from Japan. Any help is welcome.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2003-10-27          67179

I think some resources likely will turn up around here.

There is a relationship between Ford and Shibaura but I don't know which models nor am I sure who assembled them. Far as I know some of the engines are almost identical except for some parts that might be needed for rebuild work. Greater difference is likely for electric engine components and greater still for chassis etc. components. Still, a NH dealer may be of some help in maintaining the tractor. ....

View my Photos
tractormaster

2005-01-14          104224

the relationship is that shibaura has built motors /parts for Ford/New Holland tractors for quite some time. Shibaura can be really difficult to find parts for when talking with "grey market" part suppliers. Some models do match up with other compact ford's, which is also tough to find information on....I have sold a few 2640's, and I believe that to be a good model. It is one of the more common, which means that you should be able to find parts. A great starting place is www.bestusedtractors.com. They have a grey market parts page with some suppliers on it. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login