Go Bottom

Ford X-Plan

View my Photos
dmartin88
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-25          67044

I'm looking at purchasing a new F150 SuperCab and wanted to find out a bit about others experience with X-plan pricing. We get this through a "partner" program where I work and after you sign up for the program, you're given the X-plan price, supposedly a best deal, no haggle price.

For the truck I'm looking at, the price is just below the "invoice" price and overall, about a 12% reduction from MSRP.

Any others have experience with this plan and any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ford X-Plan

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-27          67226

When I was pickup shopping, I qualified for the X-plan as a member of the Experimental Aircraft Association. I got a PIN # and took it to the Ford dealer. It turns out that it is optional for the Ford dealer to let you have the X-plan price. This particular dealer did but was intractable about screwing me on the trade-in for my Suburban. I am very thankful it turned out this way as I continued shopping and researching and found that the Dodge Cummins pickup was MUCH more to my liking for the uses I had in mind. The X-plan gives you a good price indeed but you may want to also consider whether you want to buy a new model truck in its first year of production as Ford has had some SERIUOUS issues with getting the bugs out in their F-250 and up line. Most if not all manufacturers do it seems now a days. I think you still qualify for the rebates & incentives as well with the X-plan. If it is the truck you want, it is the way to go. ....

Ford X-Plan

View my Photos
BH3131

2003-10-27          67236

What is unsettling is the fact that when you go around and ask dealers what the price will be for a particular truck, the price has a tendency fluctuate. How is that possible you ask...I don't know? I do qualify for X-plan, and still had to shop around. Pretty Sad for a manufacture to be able to operate like that.

Ford X-Plan

View my Photos
danfay

2003-11-13          68694

Interesting. Looks as if it depends who you deal with. I used the x-plan to purchase my F-250 SD and was very pleased with the savings. I went to the dealer, found what I wanted, agreed on the price of my trade in and got the price. Then asked what the price was with the x plan. Saved me about 3K.
I'm planning on using it again next year for my wife's new vehicle. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login