Go Bottom

Stihl 020 AVP Manual for Restoration

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-03          154180

Ok, now that I have the 026 running how about restoring my favorite saw, my first chain saw the Stihl 020 av that has been sitting in my garage for years just waiting to be reborn ;)

They actually still make this limbing saw for $589! It is a balanced beauty at about 8 pounds, a shear (no pun intended) joy to use!

I just don't have the manual for it, have to search the garage, to see if I can find it, and an internal parts manual. Anybody have one?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-03          154181

Dennis,

Stihl Chainsaw manuals are available online. Free manuals can be downloaded from the Stihl site. Manuals that are not available for download can be ordered in book form.

Model 020T

See the link below.

Joel

Link:   Stihl Chainsaw Manuals

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-06-03          154188

Always a good idea to visit the garage, yup, right there on a dusty shelf was the Stihl 020 AVP manual. Back then they gave you the IPL with the user manual including all the part numbers. ....

View my Photos
Lordlech
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-03-15          161070

Hi Dennis

I bought the chainsaw AVP 020 Proffesional Quickstop from second hand on the market for 200 zlotych (70$). Unfortunely i do not have the user manual for this saw. If you have electronic version or some drawings parts send me please if you can. I will appreciate for this.

Regards ....

View my Photos
ronald65
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-06          163252

Dennis ; You are right, The 020 AVP is one of my favorites, I have 2 of them. just right for limbing.I had an electronic ignition in one of them that went bad.The replacement one worked bur not for me.I found a dealer in SD that really knows his stuff.It would start for him but not for me. He said I was pulling the start rope hard enough, just not quick enough.He replaced electronic ign with points and Condenser an now it starsts for me. just keep in mind, it may not need anything! Ron ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login