Go Bottom

Do you keep a Service Log for your Power Equipment

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-12-02          185582

I have kept a serial log for all my stuff, cars, and power tools. Finally decided to try a different way and have one page for each car and major machine instead of having them all mixed. Have to see if that makes me more diligent!

On house well, furnaces and water heaters I write the service date right on them.

What are you doing to keep a records?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
taogden
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-12-02          185583

I keep records on a daily basis, most are automatic, like gas expenditures, but all get recorded on the computer. I keep it on a spread sheet with a tab for each piece of equipment and vehicle. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-12-03          185585

We take the pickup and car to the dealership where we bought them new for every service item, so I'm sure they have all that stuff in their computer recorda.
The tractors, mowers, Gator, any major farm or major shop equipment is recorded on the wall in the shop between two studs with a black marker pen. That's how my Father did it so like Father like son, I guess.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2012-12-03          185590

I do keep a clipboard with maintenance, service and repair records for our geothermal heat pump because it is such a POS. For the tractor I keep all receipts in a file, grease it after each use and sort of just remember when the maintenance was done based on the hour meter. For cars I keep receipts in a file and fill out the owner maintenance records. For pressure washer, generator, and other small gas equipment I just change the oil at the beginning of each summer as needed (two cycle excluded) and do the plugs and repairs as needed. Sort of a hodge-podge system but it works for me. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-12-05          185609

Would you tell me a bit about your pump? I'm thinking of going geothermal. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login