Go Bottom

TP addiction

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-23          131287

Have been diagnosed with TP addiction. Any known remedies? Anyone know the different stages?

Wife has notice the terms TP, CUT, RFM and FEL and such. Questions like wonder what WW or oneance or YP or SG or some fun guy or Murf or the guy that goes in cirlces would do.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TP addiction

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-23          131290

I log off on weekends, go up North (Term used by Michiganders spending time in the Northern region of our beautiful State where hunting, fishing, hiking and other outdoor activities are plentiful which is commonly linked with the consumption of booze)without internet access and experience withdrawal symptons.

I totally disconnect with the outside world! ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
Murf

2006-06-23          131291

My wife laughs about, she thinks it's cute, in fact when I say something like "one of the guys on the internet said" her imediate reply is "Hang on, the tractor guys, the fabricating guys, the forestry guys or the airplane guys".

The other point she noticed is how mny ability to multi-task has grown, at any one time I have 4 or 5 browser windows open, on top of 2 or 3 other Windows functions.

She just laughs and jokingly refers to them various 'addictions' as my mistresses. I have diesel ones, flying ones, floating ones..... LOL.

IF a TP addiction is your biggest fault then the good Lord is surely smiling on you brother!!

Best of luck. ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2006-06-23          131294

I log off on weekends, go Up North (Term used by Wisconsinites spending time in the Northern region of our beautiful State). :)

Here I typically put the tractor through it's paces and think, "I'll bet the TP members would like to hear about this!"

These thoughts keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum.
Dave

TP addiction

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-06-23          131300

IF a TP addiction is your biggest fault then the good Lord is surely smiling on you brother!!

I will not ask my wife is there is any other.

See I am not the only one wiht TP addiction. LOL

You all have a great weekend. Have lots of seat time today and tomorrow.

TP addiction

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-06-23          131304

If I make the top 10 list I immediately stop posting to get off the list. ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-06-23          131305

For me TP isn't an addiction, it's just like stopping in at the coffee shop to enjoy a cup of coffee with friends. No wait... now I'm addicted to coffee. See what you guys have done? ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-06-29          131542

KT

I do the same thing with the handles when I refer to storys from TP, my wife is catching on and acts as if she is intrested. I can't wait to sign on and dont want to sign off. Great bunch of guys. ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-07-02          131626

KT: the guy who rides around in circles is shaking his head. Good thing we're all freinds here.

I was thinking this is sort of like sitting around a camp fire shootin' the bull, as it were, only there's no fire. And if you say something it can be hours or days before someone says something back. I guess that's part of the attraction errrr....addiction. ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-07-03          131650

ncrunch,

Your watching to be sure you don't make the top ten only makes it worse on others of us. You must stay in there and do your part!

earthwrks,

I agree with the story telling around the fire. But gee whiz, do you realize how hard it would be to get the likes of the cat hunters and tractor rollers and traffic cop story tellers around a fire at one time? Impossible to round us such talent. It surely would be on TV. Guess it could be called CUT Comedy Tellers or such.

Yes I am LOL.

TP addiction

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-07-04          131699

Addiction? What addiction? Just because it's 8:40 pm on July 4th and the kid is asleep and I'm online doesn't mean I'm an addict... or does it?

But wherelse can you relate one of your surviving "being stupid" stories and have everyone else relate and try to top it? Fortunately, I did good this weekend and only have the blister from grabbing the hot tray with the tater tots out of the oven and not having the hot pad properly located. No grill burns or hair removed by the grill.

I even got to use the tractor to mow. Been 6 weeks due to lack of rain.

I love this bar... I mean board. ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-07-05          131740

I like tater-tots. ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
DenisS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-06          131765

ncrunch,

how do you get off the Top 10 list? I've nothing of substance to say for most of the time and have 4 tractors to show for it ; ) ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
yooperpete

2006-07-06          131769

Iowa fun:
Sounds like you need a pair of "ove Gloves". I water my lawn and fertilize it, gives you more mowing time. ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-07-07          131819

Yoop - I'm too cheap to spend the money on watering the lawn. I have 3 acres of lawn. Water isn't cheap. I was going to install a rain barrel system and collect water off the shop roof. But I held off due to my job uncertainty.

But I use the tractor to keepo the weeds cut short. They seem to grow ok in the hot dry conditions! If I keep it mowed, the weeds at least make it look green from the road! ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-07-13          132128

kthompson, wingwiper has caused me to succumb to my tractorpoint addiction. I am number 6 on the post list. So I shall go silent for a while :) ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-07-13          132129

Ok Ok Ok .... I just may have to change the formula on the top 10 to make it the Top ten new posters with less than 1000 posts to date!

Hopefully that will allow you former top ten posters to have at it without the pressure :-)

Dennis ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
Murf

2006-07-14          132146

Iowa, we have had good luck with "water scavenging" systems we have installed on golf courses and a couple of estate home lots where there is little in the way of (affordable) water for irrigation.

Basically it is just a large septic tank buried in the ground, spread out around it are several sand points on a single pump. Periodically (depending on the amount of ground water) the pump comes on and sucks water out of the ground and into the tank. Then that water is used to feed a standard irrigation system to water the grass in the wee hours of morning as required.

Low tech, low price and dependable.

Best of luck. ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-07-14          132148

Murf, that's similar to what I had in mind. I was going to have gutters installed on the shop roof (63 foot length) and plumb those to drain into a 1,000 gallon tank. The tank part is on a hill where the house sits so I could easily use gravity feed to run water to the trees and garden. That was the idea though. But since I'm moving to Michigan... ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
Murf

2006-07-14          132168

We had several customers try that, it failed everytime.

Unfortunately when you need the water the most it's not raining, or you wouldn't need the water.

Clear as mud, huh? LOL.

Michigan is another story.......

BTW, why aren't you keeping the Oliver as a bush beast?

Best of luck. ....

TP addiction

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-07-14          132190

OK Dennis, I am back. TP addiction has the best of me. Don't change any algorithms, I promise to ignore the top ten list from now on :) ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login