Go Bottom

It Should Have Been Green

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-17          132282

So my wife and I take a boat ride up the Hudson and pull into the dock at Rosita's restaurant. Its a beautiful day and we're looking out on to the creek which runs into the river. The band starts playing and I am just feeling a little buzz from the ice cold beer. My wife looks up at an overhead bridge and says "Hey, there's a Kubota on a trailer up there"! That was it - everything a man could want, a good woman, beer, tractors, and boats. Just wish that tractor could have been green!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-17          132287

Sounds like a great day. I'd be happy to own any of 'em but an orange one with the oversized treadle pedal would have to live outside :) ....

View my Photos
JAZAK5
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-17          132289

you were partaily there,your cruise boat was powered by a yanmar deisel ;) ....

View my Photos
Art White

2006-07-18          132314

Smart wife! ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-07-18          132320

Good one Art! She also correctly identified cutter's boat as a Silverton. I see that a google search on treadle pedal pops up most often on sewing machines, then old dental drills, then on Kubota. The first time I heard of Yanmar was, in fact, in the boating world. Lots of trawlers use the Yanmar. Unfortunately my little 21 footer would sink if it had a Yanmar engine. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2006-07-18          132324

Actually the first foot petal drive hydro's were tredle petals as they are refered to. As with most things the overall majority by far of all hydro's are operated with tredle pedals! After all some companies even tried to sneak in that hand clutches are the thing to have with farm tractors! It's amazing what time tells us! They do make good collectors items as they are far to unsafe for a working farm to still use them do the safety issues of not only the hand clutch but all the open flywheels spinning. Any way you look at the less parts to replace or adjust the better! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login