Go Bottom

Wills and Life Insurance

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-18          132315

If you ever had or have a Will (or Trust) or have life insurance either through work or not, be sure who you have listed as beneficary.

If you ever make a change on that be sure the proof is stored with the orginial document.

Also be careful if you have a minor child as how you set that up. There are options to leaving it to an ex who you do not get along with no restrictions.

I have no doubt there will some of you who would be surprise you have not made a change you meant to or need to. Don't let your loved one's loose twice.

God Bless

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Wills and Life Insurance

View my Photos
wingwiper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-18          132318

You should also, Inventory your Home, all of its contents and put values and descriptions for your valuables. Make sure you have without question a detailed list of the items and their value. Why? Insurance Companies treat homes as empty unless you have proof of contents, regardless of what you have for Content Coverage. YOU have to prove it was there.
My Mom's house blew up in 85 and she had a collection of Hummels, Depression Glass, Milk Glass and paintings and coins and good furniture. When I went to the Insurance Company, they asked my if I could prove the items exsisted and were they IN FACT in the house when it was destroyed. Luckily I had photos taken at Christmas of the kids in many of her rooms. I spent two years at Antique dealers etc trying to get descriptions and estimates of what she had. I had to accept low grade for they could only go by pictures and without Makes, Models etc, I was forced to accept far less that what they were worth.
My Mom also never told anyone where to find her Will and when the house Blew up, God only knows if that is where it was. I have no doubt I buried her where she didn't really want to be, but I had no idea where it was that she wanted to be buried. Record your wishes and share the where abouts with family. ....

Wills and Life Insurance

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-18          132321

If you have extremely valuable items then they should be appraised and insured separately. We had hummels stolen in a robbery and we had them inventoried and listed on our policy. However, when stolen - the insurance company will just replace the ones you lost at current value and you lose the "antique" value of the extremely old ones you had.

Wills and Life Insurance

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-07-18          132322

Be sure to list the Insurance Companies and what they cover in your Will. I have no idea if my Mom had riders for her valuables. Her house blew up in a Gas Explosion and we didn't find much. So it may be a comfort for you to have the Insurance, but should your house burn down and you die will your Heirs know where to look and what to do? ....

Wills and Life Insurance

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-07-18          132323

Quite a few years ago I had a couple truckloads of soybeans stolen from a bin on a farm where nobody lived. I did'nt check the bin real often so I had no idea when they were taken. Without a broken lock (there was no lock), strange tire tracks, etc. as evidence the insurance company I had at that time termed it "Mysterious Dissapearance" which of course was not covered. I'm sure lots of insurance claims have been paid for things that weren't stolen or destroyed by fire so they have to be on their guard. Since then we do try to keep better records with pictures, etc. and just keep a closer watch on things. Frank. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login