Go Bottom

Treated Diesel Something New

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-01-12          138774

I just talked to my farm diesel supplier about price and if now would be a good time to buy.

Anyway, he got off the subject of price and onto diesel additives. He got to talking about the new low sulfur diesel and the effects on diesel engines. He's pushing an additive that replaces the lubricity lost due to ultra low sulfur diesel. This additive does everything that Power Service does except it doesn't have an algaecide. It cost 1.5 cents per gallon to treat. I can't remember what Power Service cost but I know it's a lot more than that. I do know it's a Schaefer product.

Any feedback on this product?

Billy

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-01-13          138786

Billy; Our oldest son works for a major oil co, as kind of a salesman, P.R. man doing like the Farm Progress Show, State fairs, etc. putting on seminars for contractors, farm groups, etc. He stoped by a while back and was telling me the same thing about the low sulfur fuel lacks the lubrication ability of the old fuel. They have an additive package they use and I think it depends a bit on what type of climate zone you are in for the exact formula. I just use Power Service only now I use it year around. Frank. ....

View my Photos
TonyJora
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-01-13          138792

Power Service:

What does it do?

Where do you find it?

Thanks Tony J ....

View my Photos
Billy

2007-01-13          138793

Below is a link for information on Power Service. You can buy it at most any parts house, Walmart or any station that sells diesel fuel. ....

Link:   Power Service Info

View my Photos
TonyJora

2007-01-13          138795

Thank you

Tony J ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login