Go Bottom

Ford 930A mower blade removal

View my Photos
rtblonde
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-06-22          143127

Hi I have the Ford 930A (3) blade finish mower and was tring to replace my three mower blades. The left and right blade I was successful at replacing but the center blade I was unable to get the bolt off it would rotate in the housing it seemed. Wondering if anyone has a diagram for this mower or advise the steps to remove blade when the blot spins in the shaft and pulley? I think I have to remove the belt covers on the top and check the center pulley and keyed spline for the center pulley? any thought inputs thanks?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-22          143129

If I understand you right, the pully keeps spinning with the bolt? If so, try removing the belt, then take a bad belt wrapped around the pulley and held tightly with vice grips in the manner of a strap-type oil filter wrench to hold the pulley. If that doesn't work, use vice grips to grip the top or bottom flange of the pulley (don't bend or damage the pulley though). Grasping the pulley nut with a wrench may work too. ....

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-23          143136

If you have access to one, use an air impact wrench. It'll be off in a blink of an eye. ....

View my Photos
rpauti
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-07          143495

Left hand thread; right loose; left tight ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login