Go Bottom

How to replace Kubota B7100HST Mower deck belt

View my Photos
NewDawn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-03-22          152320

I am trying to replace the mower deck belt for my Kubota B7100HSD but cannot quite figure out how to get the dang thing on there. The old one broke last season so I have nothing to compare it to. The mower deck's tag is only partially present and it says RC60 71_____. There are 4 pulleys total to put the belt around. Three of them are in a triangle with the top one going to to PTO and the two on opposite ends to the blades. Then there is a fourth tension pulley in between the blade ones.

I bought a belt that seems too short? Any ideas how this thing goes on?

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-03-22          152321

Sorry I don't know how your belt goes on but sometimes on the deck or under the belt shield there will be a pattern of the belt. If you have an owners manual it will show you and maybe even tell you the part number of the proper belt. Happy Easter. Frank. ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-23          152334

NewDawn,

Let me see if I can help.

Position yourself at the rear of the mower deck. The discharge chute will be on your right. Provided, of course, that you have a right side discharge deck.

Keep in mind that all blades will be rotating clockwise, as viewed from above.

Starting with the pulley to the far left......furthest from the discharge chute.........

The belt passes around the outside edge of the left pulley, then over the top and to the right of the center pulley.

After going over the top and then to the right of the center pulley, the belt then passes to the left side and then under the tensioning pulley.

From the tensioning pulley, the belt then goes to the furthest pulley to the right, passing over it and around to the rear of the right pulley.

The belt travels in a straight line along the entire rear edge of the mower deck.

Joel

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-23          152341

There is also a recommended way for putting it on also. According to what my manual says you should loop it around the pulleys then around the tensioner pulley. I foolishly removed it over the winter once because the manual said it was a good idea. Not doing that any more. I foget if I put some dish soap on it to make more slippery also.

Dennis

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-03-23          152342

DennisCTB,

According to the photo you posted, the belt tensioner won't be able to do its job.

The belt must go from the belt tensioner to the pulley nearest the chute, in order to allow the belt tensioner to function properly.

Joel ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-03-26          152440

Quote:
Originally Posted by candoarms | view 152342
DennisCTB,According to the photo you posted, the belt tensioner won't be able to do its job.The belt must go from the belt tensioner to the pulley nearest the chute, in order to allow the belt tensioner to function properly.Joel

Joel, you of course are correct. this just goes to show that I cannot walk from the garage to my office and draw the same picture that I envisioned just momments ago :(

Dennis

View my Photos
Murf

2008-03-26          152444

Dennis, isn't that why they build cameras into cell phones? ;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-03-26          152457

Picture Link

Go Top

Share This

Member Login