BMB finishing mower

View my Photos
driveguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-18          183577

BMB Finishing Mower 72"
Model - F-72
Serial - HC-6681
I'm looking for one of the blade pulleys. In specific I need the center blade pulley OR I need parts to repair it. I assume the bearings are shot. The pulley is about 1/2" lower than the rest of the pulleys and looking under the deck it has a gap between the blade spacer and the bearing block.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BMB finishing mower

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-18          183578

Sounds more like you should be looking for a spindle rather than a pulley. You should pull it, clean it up, and re-evaluate which parts you actually need. Usually they're sealed units. But I've never heard of BMB, so I don't know what kind of spindles they use. If it actually has a removeable bearing, they've all got a number stamped on them. Not hard to find if you've got the bearing number. Otherwise buy a matching spindle, and mount your original pulley on it.

//greg// ....

BMB finishing mower

View my Photos
driveguy

2012-05-18          183579

Gotcha. I guess I need a spindle and/or spindle bearings. I'll try to yank it off this weekend and see how much of it is really serviceable. I assumed it was sold as a unit...so I called it a "pulley"...sorry about that.

EDITED: BTW, BMB was bought by Rhino from what I have read on the internet, also a mower this old... from what I read was relabeled by other co. like Ford etc. ....

BMB finishing mower

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-05-19          183580

Driveguy;

Welcome to the board, we need some new blood every now and then around here.
I don't know this for sure but my guess is that most short line mower builders like BMB all likely buy their spindle units from a bearing manufacturer and are likely identical. If you don't locate a BMB outlet I'd try checking with other shortline brands for a spindle assembly and my bet is you will find one that's identical. I've heard of BMB but don't know anything about them.

Frank. ....

BMB finishing mower

View my Photos
driveguy

2012-05-29          183676

I hope the links above work....ok so the hunt starts tomorrow. if you guys have suggestions I'll take them. the spindle housing has 4 bolts on a ~ 3.875" bolt circle. It is ~4" tall w/about ~2.875" under the deck (from the flange down to bottom of the housing). The bearings are shot and looks like the upper seal race is shot. I suppose I could fudge a seal into it, but I would rather replace the housing too. BTW, I'm in Indiana, if you know of shortline brands that are sold here let me know, I'm trying to find something local...if possible. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Picture Link

BMB finishing mower

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-30          183694

I would take it to local tractor equipment shop with experienced sales people...leaves such as Tractor Supply out most likely and depending they may look at it and recognize it right off. ....

BMB finishing mower

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-05-30          183696

If you can't find a new one that fits, a good shop can likely replace the bearings. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login