Go Bottom

Anyone mow with multiple Acrease Wing Mowers

View my Photos
Bob
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-07-22          30302

I finish mow with a NHTC33D 60in mid deck plus pull a 60in Acrease wing mower off to the left for a 10ft cut. I want to add a second Acrease off of the first for a 15ft cut to speed things up. I cut at max speed in range 2 on the hrdro(5-6 mph?) and only slow for hills. Cover 10 mostly open acres in 130 minutes including cutting out the edges and spinnin around about 20 trees which is a blast with the SuperSteer Boomer and the Wing mower. I am curious if anyone has a similar set-up and has experimented with the second wing mower off the Right vs. off the Left mower in tandem... Left seems better since a right wing would be mowing fresh grass plus the discharge of my Right discharge mid mount deck. Any suggestions ?? No I dont want to buy a 15ft batwing mower- you need 40-50 hp. and my Boomer with the mid mount deck only and Supersteer does all the close up stuff without me having to get off and push a small mower....plus the Acrease is an incredible workhorse, never missing a beat while taking quite a beating....thanks,, Bob

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Rob Wheeler

2001-07-22          30305

I've never even heard of anyone running a mid-mount and a pull-behind mower at the same time, and I hadn't heard of Acrease before. Is this Acrease Wing mower running off your rear PTO or does it have independent power? If it is running off your rear PTO, why would driving three 5' mowers be any less of a power demand than the batwing? ....

View my Photos
Bob

2001-07-22          30306

Sorry for the confusion. The Acrease has a 15hp Kohler and is self contained with electric start. I think alot of their customers pull them behind garden tractors and 4-wheel ATVs. They show some commercial guys pulling them behind Zero turn mowers. I stumbled upon it shopping for a Compact tractor. I had previously only seen Swisher wing mowers and something similiar in the Northern catalog. I bought the Acrease commercial unit with a heavier deck, motor etc. Its an impressive unit.I think you can see it at www.kunzeng.com...anyhow I am sure there's someone out there who has pulled 2 of these wings and i am curious about the differences in handling, stability on grade, etc with both on the left vs one on each side....... ....

View my Photos
Rick

2001-07-22          30307

Befco makes a 12' mower that runs rather nicely on a 28hp tractor tc33 would handle it fine ....

View my Photos
Dubber

2001-07-26          30411

If you're worried about stability, I might suggest some weight on the frontend. Does that mower ever leave a stripe of grass when you turn?

View my Photos
Bob

2001-07-26          30413

Dubber, stability is fine, I wondered about any awkward handling on one side vs the other. I took delivery today of another Acrease C60K and hooked it off the left to the other wing. A short test run showed no problems. No- I dont get a stripe when turning with the one wing I'll have to wait for the grass to grow to see if 2 wings leave any missed areas. Turning left with the wing on the left lets you spin around trees like a ZRT mower. I'll put the clock to it and see how much time the 15ft cuts off the 10ft cut. I played with a neighbors Lazer ZRT $8000 mowing chair the other day and skidded out of control on my steeper hill into the woods. I've done the same stupid move on the tractor when I forgot to engage 4wd on moist ground. Its much better plowing through brush and trees belted to the Boomer with the frt axle and motor in front of me than careening down a hill on a chair strapped to a mowing deck- reminds me af some type of cartoon! ....

View my Photos
ATVPaul

2002-08-01          40908

Hi Bob,
I am purchasing property and considering the ArcEase mower, either the C60K or the MR55B/K (rough cut version). The field is mostly weeds (6 to 9 inches). I will be using an ATV to pull it.

- Do you think the C60K has the power for higher grass/weed (up to 9 inches)?
- Glad to hear you are happy with your first one. I am considering pulling two also, but I would have to pull them in tandem (one behind the other) due to the ATV. Any thoughts on this. I see pictures of it on the page but I wonder about how hard it would be to steer or turn?
- Where did you purchase yours? Online or Local?
- Any real life experiences I should know about?

Thanks in advance... ....

View my Photos
ATVPaul

2002-08-01          40909

Also... why ArcEase and not Swisher? Heavier duty? What about parts and service on the ArcEase? I am Ohio based. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login