Go Bottom

Wanted 6 Front Hydraulic Finish Mower Skid Steer Type

View my Photos
John in CHS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-01-21          34808

Looking for a manufacturer of a front mount finish mower that is hydraulically driven for use on a skidsteer quick attach type system.
I'm looking at an Earthforce machine instead of another tractor but need to figure out how to finish mow with the thing. (No rear PTO.)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-01-21          34813

Never heard of hydraulic rotary mower before, but Google search found this, maybe more. It seems I've read about a hydraulically driven flail or reel mower before, though. Looks like a "custom" project.

Bill ....

Link:   Hydraulic finish mowers

View my Photos
Charlie Iliff

2002-01-21          34819

John:
I have two 6 'front mounted hydraulic finish mowers. The first is on an old Jacobsen Turf Cat 2, which is hydrostatic with a Kubota 21 hp engine. It is rear steer.
The second I just got, with a Power-Trac 1845, delivered last Wednesday. Look at
www.Power-Trac.com
Power Trac has its own quick attach system, but I suspect conversion to a skid steer plate would not be much problem.
My uses are primarily mowing and light bucket work, so I chose the Power Trac over the Earth Force.
It isn't a mower unless you are mowing small forests, but he sings the praises of Earth Force (and, incidentally, Power Trac.)
I assume someone makes skid steer finish mowers that don't need conversion, but if not, you shouldn't have much problem converting something. You do need to be sure the front hydraulics have appropriate float and perhaps draft settings. The Power-Trac mower is to be run in draft, with part of the weight on the tractor, both for traction and because the mower is so heavy that it may damage its gauge wheels if all its weight is floating.
Charlie Iliff

View my Photos
Charlie Iliff

2002-01-21          34820

Also, google search produced:

http://www.schmidtinc.com/grasskat.html

http://www.bleilesupply.com/LAttach.html

You might want to take a look ....